+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hackers Are Every where Rate this Entry

Hackers Are Every where Rate this Entry

Hackers Are Every where
    Hackers geting worse towards gamers.
    People around the world geting hacked day after day from gold farmers blizzard idea to fix that is to get and "authenticater" it had back fired on them know the farmers are using it to keep us from gaining access to are account. it takes the avarage person 2-3 hours to get a hold of the billing support team to assisted them on geting are account back and the only thing they can tell you is you have a key logger or virus on your computer.

According to Microsoft Pc Safty wh o scans for viruses and uses every single program in there knolage to remove theys threats found most keylogers are being atacked to blizzard background downloader to crack are safty and security on are account and that it is a federal affanse even thought we are gamers we have the right to presuse theys threats to the fbi and bring charges up on the hacker .

i'v been hacked 3 times in pass 2 weeks i bought and authenticater on jan 15th still yet to arive at my home blizzard coments are your account been compermised you need to buy one i did i asked blizzard for the ip who access my account to bring charges agenst that person they refused leagal wright of the law we should be able to get knolage who did it

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyGale View Post
    ...Every where.....geting......access to are account.......billing....geting......Microsoft Pc Safty.......knolage.....theys threats......keylogers.......atacked.....safty.... ..federal affanse......presuse theys threats......compermised........charges agenst.......leagal wright.......get knolage
    Is there a point to any of this gibberish?

I direct you to Battle.net Terms of Use.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...ermsofuse.html

Article 8, Section B

Account.

NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN THE ACCOUNT, AND YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO THE ACCOUNT ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF BLIZZARD. Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of Accounts. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift, or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void.

According to the Terms of Use which YOU agreed to... YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN THE ACCOUNT.

So where do you think you have any legal rights to the information pretaining to something you don't own? Blizzard owns the account, you only pay to use it. It was not your property which was compromised, it was Blizzard's property. That is why you have no legal recourse. Sorry if that seems a bit cold hearted but a lot of people operate under the assumption that they have rights to things they explicitly signed away rights to.

You own nothing except for the physical media which you bought off the store rack. Everything else is owned by Blizzard.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

3 times in the last 2 weeks? thats just crazy.

How do most accounts get hacked? Let's look at the common methods:

Social Engineering: You get an email that states your account is under suspicion of being used to sell gold. Please go to the Blizz page and respond. But it's not the Blizz page, it's the scam page, and they just got your info.

User Stupidity: Three things fall under this category, account sharing, leveling services or buying gold. Congrats, your account is now forfeit, and you deserve it.

Honest-to-goodness hacking: Rare, but someone hacks your computer and gets the information. Not to be confused with...

Keylogging: Your account information is obtained by some trojan horse keylogger you got of random WoW site, or while downloading music off LimeWire or Kazaa or some other illegal place. Again, this one is your own fault for not having measures against this or going places you shouldn't, but not as much as it is for User Stupidity.

99% of all account hacks are what we refer to as ID ten T errors......ID10T errors. Everyone can make them, but it's the idiots that repeat them.

However I understand the frustration of it all but you have to realize that:
    1) yes YOU pay $15/month to play
    2) YOU put in the time it takes to make a decent toon
    3) none of it matters because Blizzard owns YOUR account/toon. You are in essence "renting" it all from Blizzard.

From the ToS

"4. Ownership.

All rights and title in and to the Service (including without limitation any user accounts, titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialogue, catch phrases, locations, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects, methods of operation, moral rights, any related documentation, "applets" incorporated into the Game Client, transcripts of the chat rooms, character profile information, recordings of games played using the Game Client, and the Game Client and server software) are owned by Blizzard or its licensors. The Game and the Service are protected by United States and international laws, and may contain certain licensed materials in which Blizzard's licensors may enforce their rights in the event of any violation of this Agreement."

What would be interesting though:
    Your computer has been compromised to acquire your account details. In my country that's illegal and you can be brought to court for doing such a thing. Blizzard has got key information about the case (logs of others accessing said account). I would be curious if they could be called as an expert witness or something like that in a trial.

Blizzard owns the account, but it also has valuable information in determining who compromised your computer. The search shouldn't be for who compromised your account, but who compromised your computer. And in the search for evidence who compromised your computer, blizzard has got key information, which you maybe could get from them with the law behind you. (oh yeah, IANAL)

And blizzard has already proved it is willing to cooperate with law enforcement in tracking down that what was it drug dealer? (I so just typed druid dealer !!!) a few weeks ago. Would not see why they would no cooperate with the courts as well in your case orc

At the risk of sounding like an ass, maybe Blizzard hasn't responded favorably to your emails because they're as difficult to read as your original post here...

Moral of the Story:

Yes, Hackers are everywhere and its up to you to protect yourself from them. Not Blizzard, Not Tankspot, YOU.

If your getting hacked 3 times in 2 weeks or some crazy frequent amount you have not protected yourself properly. Stop using crappy web browsers like Internet Explorer and free garbage anti-virus software. Change your passwords for EVERYTHING often and make them complex. There are many steps you can take to protect yourself as mentioned in the many recent news posts here on tankspot. It would serve everyone well to read them.

Probably the best collective source of information is here: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-to-get-hacked
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

+ Reply to Thread