+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best gear score in guild, Not the best dps. Help!

Best gear score in guild, Not the best dps. Help!

The Arms warrior in my guild has a 3k gear score(wowheroes) and is the best geared dps in the guild. But he is not, by far, the best dps in the 25 man on Festergut. Dimetris (my main spec is tank, but went dps because i have the best offspec of the 3 tanks in our 25 man for this fight) did more DPS / dmg done than Zarish (best gearscore dps in guild) can you guys offer advice to help him put out maximum dps?
    Stats gemming spec glyphs etc.

Thank you for all help.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/1419136

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rosh&cn=Zarish

I think you best bet is to tell him to look at the guide http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...rty-Arms-Guide. If he reads that a few times and puts the ideas into practise his DPS should go up nicely.

I'm not familiar with the fight in question, but I didn't see any slams (probably because he's not specced into improved slam) so I don't think he's aware of the priority system to use. I only saw one Heroic Strike in two logs. Heroic strike is a good rage dump that doesn't steal a global cooldown.

His spec is a little strange. 5/5 defelection is not much use for a DPS spec. The guide's specs are a good starting point.

Yeah, I'd say have him drop Deflection in favor of 3/3 Heroic Strike and 2/2 Improved Slam. Both moves are great fillers for situations when your other moves are still on CD. I could also see moving the 1 point in Cleave to give him 1/2 Improved Execute.

Also, I'd tell him to not worry about gemming for Crit, and instead go for more Armor Penetration. He also has a ton of Expertise, so dropping some of that in favor of Armor Pen would help as well.

I come by with the obligatory gear score does NOT equal skill argument.

Haha yeah i agree completely that gear doesnt make a player but i want to offer him as much advice as possible for him to become a better dps. He does his job, but just cant dps.

Gear score isn't everything.
    There are numerous cases where gear of a lower score is better than gear of a higher score (especially with tank trinkets).
    The crafted boots from Ulduar are far better than the new drops from the ICC heroics, because of the sockets in them.

But it sounds like he needs to look at his spec and rotation better.

Yeah, i was looking for more of a general idea of stats to aim for.

He should be using an ArP trinket if he's gemming for it, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by GŁth View Post
    He should be using an ArP trinket if he's gemming for it, I believe.

wrong. you only gem for arp while using an arp trinket to reach the softcap, after that you gem str.

if you don't have an arp trinket you gem full arp until the hardcap.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Well, taking information from a post you made on ArP he needs 1176 without an ArP trinket (B-stance + 2pc T9) and he only has 558. Wouldn't he benefit from an ArP trinket? I'm sure I could have explained my post more, I was just assuming based off his current gear and not if he had BiS ICC25 gear.
    Last edited by GŁth; 01-28-2010 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Clarification.

+ Reply to Thread