+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 40-60 leveling is a nightmare

40-60 leveling is a nightmare

Is it just me or does everyone think that leveling through 40-60 is soo hard even with heirloom? got a 41 pala tank so i can get instant dungeons but with 20% exp increase i still struggle to level maybe do one and then lose interest.

Anyone else have similar problems?
    im questing in tanaris atm and doing dungeons alot, any ideas?

You could use a level guide.
    Here is a free one with an ingame addon: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....65566902&sid=1

Dungeon leveling.

The best part of LFD, because Questing is EXTREMELY BORING.

I'm very glad they are revamping Azeroth.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Yep - the looking for dungeon tool is awesome for this. I found it effective all the way up to about level 68 for me then it seemed faster to just quest (I just recently leveled a pally tank myself - goes with my DK and Warrior!).

The only problem I had with LFD at level 50-57, is all it ever wanted to throw me into was BRD. I hate that place. >.<

In outlands, if I do a random, all I get is Ramparts. >.<

The only way I can avoid getting ramps is if I do a non-random, and queue for everything but Ramps... and then I get Slave Pens >.<.

WTB real random daily.... pst irritated lvl 62 mage...

I enjoy 40-60 more than most levels. Seems to go really fast now with the LFD tool. I am leveling a frost mage with hierloom chest and shoulders, and it has been a blast. I have been doing some testing with the LFD tool. It appears, and maybe it has just worked out that way, that you get put into the instance that is closest to your level AND zone you are in. From 40-50, i ran Mauradon more time than I care to admit....that place is the devil...Anyway, I wanted to run ZF so I waited till I was in tanaris and i sign up for random, and pop, I get ZF, three times in a row. At 50 i wanted (oops i mean needed) to run sunken temple to do my mage quest. I went and stood by the summoning stone and signed up agin for LFD, pop, got sunken temple. Maybe I just got lucky.

40-60 is pretty harsh regardless of how you do it. Best if you just take your time and try not to think about how painful it is.

I'm still leveling my hunter in LFD exclusively, and i can tell you that it is just as grindy (if not worse) than questing at times. Getting sent to the orange crystal wing of mauradon 10 times in a row was not fun.

It's strange you find levelling a struggle here. Generally everytime i've got a toon to this brackett, it's always been the 'Race to Outland' and even when I get there its just a 'Race to Northrend'.

Anyway; to get out of these levels quickly just: a) Get a boost for dungeon quests from friends, b) Use LFD and join a Levelling guild for your toons (theres usually 1 or 2 kicking around each server). Option B I found was the quickest way to level my Shaman for 45-75. I'd Join up, make a couple of dungeon friends, level and move to my mains guild for the alt runs of things. And if you hang around and level another you know even more people to boost and play with.

Honestly leveling in the 40' till early 50's is a breeze. I had much prefered questing than dungeon runs, it was muc faster for me although now with the new lfg tool I would imagine no downtime as you can continue to quest and get a dungeon. Plus you now have the epic mount at 40, I mean christ.

You have tanaris, STV, Hinterlands, Feralas, Searing Gorge, Swamp of Sorrows, Dustwallow March off the top of my head in the 40ish range, fellwood, un-goro, Burning Steppes, wpl, epl, the area with the outland portal(mind freeze atm), winterspring and god forbid you run out of other options....sithilus. One thing you should do before any of those dungeons in those areas is make sure you have all the quests for them. Ulduman and the one in Tanaris give you tons of quests and exp for those turn ins. There's about 4 or 5 quests for Sunken Temple and as many or more for BRD.

I didn't have much fun on my pally tank until 50ish and farming the skeles in wpl or gorillas in ungoro. I find every class has a certain level range they become fun to play.

I just did 40-60 on my mage the other week. Actually, I did 33-70. It took me about a week to do, but I was sick and out of the office, so I had 3-4 days of pretty much nothing but blasting baddies. I thought that 40-60 wasn't as bad this time around as previously. You just have to not think about it, go to a quest hub, and pound out every quest. If you're thinking about how long it's taking, it seems to take a lot longer.

Half way through 78 on my pally, it will be the third toon to 80 for me. 40-60 wasn't that bad, and Outland cruises by; the real grind I find in 78-80. Those last two levels just wear on and on and on. But getting to 80 is only 1/2 the battle, I'm thinking how long it will take me to gear this Healadin/Tankadin and I refuse to pester my guildies; "please run me through ToC reg"; "can I get carried through 25 ToC" etc; I just can't do it that way. I need the unforgiving criticism of PuGs; I know it's sick, but I can't help it.

I actually find the worst levels to be around 10 - 30... especially since you barely have any abilities. Although I haven't done that since the new LFD came out, so that might make it better...

...actually, forget it, 1-68 is a pain, and the only reason 68-80 isn't as bad is because I like the feel of the starting zones WotLK, especially if you have music, etc. on and just came from Outland. My paladin is still sitting at 62, because I haven't felt up to Outland lately. Going to start a mage soon, though, and that should be fun. If nothing else, being able to Teleport HAS to make it easier to level.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Half way through 78 on my pally, it will be the third toon to 80 for me. 40-60 wasn't that bad, and Outland cruises by; the real grind I find in 78-80. Those last two levels just wear on and on and on. But getting to 80 is only 1/2 the battle, I'm thinking how long it will take me to gear this Healadin/Tankadin and I refuse to pester my guildies; "please run me through ToC reg"; "can I get carried through 25 ToC" etc; I just can't do it that way. I need the unforgiving criticism of PuGs; I know it's sick, but I can't help it.
    I find 78-80 some of the fastest levels after the initial spurt of 1-20.

At 77, I go to Storm Peaks and Bash out all the quests in a couple hours, then I head to Icecrown. In Icecrown, doing the Ebon Hold quests and the consequent Vrykul quests around it, including the big chain, you can get a full level in like an hour and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    I find 78-80 some of the fastest levels after the initial spurt of 1-20.

At 77, I go to Storm Peaks and Bash out all the quests in a couple hours, then I head to Icecrown. In Icecrown, doing the Ebon Hold quests and the consequent Vrykul quests around it, including the big chain, you can get a full level in like an hour and a half.
    I exhausted the Storm Peaks, basically - didn't blow up the mamoths this time and ignored the minefield. I forgot about the whole line after Shadow Vault - maybe it's just the anticipation to 80 that makes it seem so long.

In terms of gold, this has been my most profitable leveling. This toon is Herbilism and Alchemy - what a gold machine Alchemy can be. Sarnoite from my mining hunter transmuted to titanium then smelted into titansteel and gem transmutes for my DK Jewel Crafter, then the potions and elixirs and flasks.

For pure gold generation is does anything beat alchemy/herbilism?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonschwine View Post
    It's strange you find levelling a struggle here. Generally everytime i've got a toon to this brackett, it's always been the 'Race to Outland' and even when I get there its just a 'Race to Northrend'.

Anyway; to get out of these levels quickly just: a) Get a boost for dungeon quests from friends, b) Use LFD and join a Levelling guild for your toons (theres usually 1 or 2 kicking around each server). Option B I found was the quickest way to level my Shaman for 45-75. I'd Join up, make a couple of dungeon friends, level and move to my mains guild for the alt runs of things. And if you hang around and level another you know even more people to boost and play with.
    Pretty much any span of leveling seem to go by faster if you're on a "race" to some sort of goal zone or level. It's all about motivation. Anyone can be easily side-tracked by a boring set of levels (be it due to lack of fun talents, skills, quests, or even dungeons) if they aren't hell-bent on grinding them out.

TBH all of my alts since my final tank (prot pally who hit 80 last fall) have been very very slow going due to the fact they are all dps classes (except my priest) and I just don't stay interested long while playing them. Tanking is what I enjoy, so naturally when I was leveling prot and doing a lot of dungeons with friends the process was less painful and slow.

On a side note: RAF is the greatest thing ever and if you can con a stooge friend into letting you refer them, get as many alts as you can powered up to 60 while it lasts. It cuts out almost all of the truly tedious levels.

yeh ty for all ur comments jw thow tbh,
    is AV any good still for 51-60 or did they nerf it really badly.
    i feel my problem is motivation and would love to reroll clases to a pala but keep gettin sidetracked onto raiding again :S
    any ideas?
    Thanks in advance

I found burning a level or two late in the PvP brackets to be rewarding, and a wonderful break from quest monotony. Additionally you get honour and badges to buy gear from WSG and AB. The WSG rings in particular are nice at lower levels. Wearing 2 legionnaire bands on my 35 hunter atm.

Plus it's fun to own kiddies with mad OP heirloom and pvp gear.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

+ Reply to Thread