+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: vBulletin 4 -- What You Need To Know

vBulletin 4 -- What You Need To Know

The long-awaited upgrade is now done! Here's what you need to know:
    • All of your bookmarks are broken. Update them.
    • It will take us several days to get our links back in order -- YouTube, Donor Service, and guide links across the site are currently nonfunctional.
    • All of our additional modifications are now completely erased for security reasons. Only vBulletin 4 and our own CMS exist on this server.
    • Unfortunately, this includes our Donor Download service -- we hope to have this back up and running within 24 hours but we are coding a new page specifically to handle this.
    • This also includes our photo galleries. They are gone and very unlikely to come back. We're working on fixing guides with missing images.
    • The style isn't where we want it to be. It will look better soon!
    Here's the good news:
    • Our search function isn't awful anymore.
    We still have more to learn about vBulletin 4 ourselves so please stay tuned over the next week -- we'll be hard at work making this a very positive thing for the site.

NUUU, all my guild progression kill screenshots! lawlz =P glad to see the upgrade went smoothly.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Gratz on forum software update/upgrade!
    It looks great!

Yea the new forums look great lol just really different takes a second to get used to

Great job on the migration. With all the bookmark comments I was worried my subscribed threads might be hoarky too but as it turns out they're golden. Nice work guys.

Any chance on the graphs and formulae making a comeback in this thread? I don't know if other maths heavy threads didn't get ported correctly; the Evil Empires guides seem fine.

Yeah I believe I can recover the images. Will have an update ASAP.

Old gallery images should be restored, though the gallery software will remain offline. (i.e. if it's embedded in a post it should work again)

I know you're currently working on the style and layout.
    Just want to say that the line separating reply from signature is really hard to spot for me.

Am I the only one that has problems with "Forum Tools" button when in subforums? I've tried "Mark all threads read" there few times and it does not work for me. -.-

Hit the page refresh button afterwards. Mark as read works, but the page doesn't refresh to show you that.

I know you said 24 hours on the movie downloads, and that's cool if it's not done and all but I sometimes had trouble finding it with the old site so just want to make sure it's not up and I'm just being retarded again.

Quote Originally Posted by mcorrente View Post
    ...and I'm just being retarded again.
    This. Swear it wasn't there earlier. Conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Old gallery images should be restored, though the gallery software will remain offline. (i.e. if it's embedded in a post it should work again)
    Excellent!

Anyone else having problems with the new post button next to the thread name, it goes to the page with the new thread but it does not jump down to the new post. It looks like the URL should have #postXXXX added to it.

I noticed that one of my favoured set of guides etc for warrior tanking is broken still Defensive Stance: Warrior Information ... Is this something that should be fixed during the update or is this thread now dead...

I got there by following:

TankSpot's Critical Guides & Articles Library -> TankSpot's Official Guides & Articles Listing -> http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...on-Compilation (under Tanking section)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKman View Post
    I noticed that one of my favoured set of guides etc for warrior tanking is broken still Defensive Stance: Warrior Information
    Of course what I mean is the page still works, the info is still there but the links pointing to the posts do not (taking you to a page not found). i.e. the first post "01.. Defensive Stats" exists but the link to it "#post191501" does not.

I was just wondering if the link that was at the top of the site for Guides was going to make a come back. It was like an index page for all the guides on the site, healing, tanking, dps, addons, etc.

It was a GREAT crutch and it am finding it difficult to find them all scattered about the forums.

Thanks in advance for anything you can do.

Just a little insight on what my guild does. We promote 2 people every week to the rank of "Loot Council" so that there are always 2 core raiders in the guild that can see officer chat.

I have found it to be a really good way to maintain trust amongst the guild. Ideally it is so no one has to worry about the officers taking loot when they want, and they get to see everyone else in the guilds loot links and how we decide as well as put in their own input.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    Just a little insight on what my guild does. We promote 2 people every week to the rank of "Loot Council" so that there are always 2 core raiders in the guild that can see officer chat.

I have found it to be a really good way to maintain trust amongst the guild. Ideally it is so no one has to worry about the officers taking loot when they want, and they get to see everyone else in the guilds loot links and how we decide as well as put in their own input.
    Random Loot Council comment in VB4 Thread is Random

+ Reply to Thread