+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Killing Machine bugged?

Killing Machine bugged?

Did they break KM after ppm hotfix? The story is I dropped one point in KM from 5 to 4 around time they hotfix KM.

Before hotfix
    With 5 points in KM in 4:50 fight KM proc 31 times on saufang

After hotfix
    With 4 points in KM in 4:39 fight KM proc 15 times on saufang

My understanding of the talent is the number of points you spend is an approximate number of procs per minute you will get.

4:50 @ 5 per minute = About 24 procs expected. You got lucky and had 31.
    4:39 @ 4 per minute = About 19 procs expected. You got unlucky and only had 15.

From wowhead comments.
    . . . for 5/5 KM you average 5 KM procs.

. . . a weapon with 3.0 speed (20 melee swings per min) will have a 1/4 chance to proc KM each hit.

. . . a weapon with 1.0 speed (60 melee swings per mint) will have a 1/12 chance to proc KM each hit.
    That's just the RNG at work. One time you got really lucky and had extra procs. One time you simply got a little unlucky. That's just how random numbers work.

The fix to KM was that it wouldn't proc of any automatic hits, such as necrosis (unlikely) or Blood-Caked Blade (more likely). If you had either than your PPM might have just been too high before the fix

Not the wording of might and may, I can't guarantee anything of this.
    Last edited by Airowird; 01-24-2010 at 07:40 AM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

I think I know the reason for low KM proc after PPM fix, KM won't proc off rune strikes anymore. Does switching to a fast OH to get more white hits to proc KM even though someone mentioned KM only proc off mainhand? Can anyone confirm it?

I expect that if this isn't proc'ing off RS like Necrosis that it is something they will fix when they figure out how.

They specifically have worked in the past to make sure RS replacing melee wouldn't punish tanks.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

This is so annoying and instead of using 2x2.6 weapons for max threat, I am using 2.6 MH+ 1.6 tanking OH for threat and there are not enough DW frost tanks out there to report this bug.

If KM procs from the OH with a PPM mechanic, a fast OH will not increase the amount of procs compared to a slow one. It will most likely reduce the amount due to how PPM works with swings other than auto-attack (mostly talking Rune Strike with ToT here)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

+ Reply to Thread