+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Straight forward gear talent check.

Straight forward gear talent check.

Hello all,

This is a simple check up for me. My first post and such and such. I want to make sure that everything is A-ok.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Durotan&cn=Squalljimbo

Firstly, I know I need a new shield and weapon, which I can get from HoR and H-HoR respectively.
    Secondly, I have cleared up to Saurfang on 10-man ICC but I have worries about Festergut/ Rotface.

Thanks all.

Squalljimbo. Gurubashi Gurus. Durotan.

You should be using all stamina gems, except for one stamina/dodge gem. You should also be using EH trinkets and not avoidance trinkets. Get the Black Heart and the Glyph of Indomitability until you can replace them with something better.

Doing those things, you could pick up ~1800 HP and 1792 armor. That would up your survivability quite a bit.

Your spec is a little odd. I'd move the 3/5 of the points in Shield spec to your One Handed Weapon Spec, and the 2 from Imp. Bloodrage into Focused Rage. Also, I'd change the Glyph of Revenge to the Glyph of Devastate for better threat output.

All those are minor tweaks that could make a big difference in your survivability/threat output.

Get the 245 triumph helm
    Get the 226 conquest neck
    Get the 245 triumph shoulders
    Get the 264 frost belt (should be your next frost badge item - It's got extra armor)
    Get trinkets as previously mentioned
    Good choice on cloak
    Enchant your weapon (My pref is Blood Draining)
    Change your shield enchant to +18 stam
    In addition to prev mentioned glyph change, change your glyph of blocking to glyph of last stand

For anyone else, here's his wow-heroes. Much easier to use than official armory. WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings

Awesome thanks for the instructions. My guild will thank you. Hopefully, Rotface will not be so thankful.

Sub question. My pants give me a plus 12 stam for matching all slots. I should keep that based on the gem for stam unless you lose 9 stam? The one on my healm is on notice.

Thanks again.

Generally speaking, you should only gem for socket bonuses if you only need to change one gem from straight stamina to a hybrid, and the socket bonus is 9 or more stamina.

That said, if you do change all your gems in your pants to stamina gems, you'll have to make up that stamina/dodge gem elsewhere so that you get your meta requirement. Possibly you have another red socket elsewhere you could use for its bonus?

+ Reply to Thread