+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Cataclysmic Chestguard in BiS?

  1. #1

    Cataclysmic Chestguard in BiS?

    Alrighty, i have 99 Frost just burnin' a hole in my pocket, I have grabbed all the bonus armor pieces so far, putting T10 for now.

    I believe it is worth it to get them and keep putting off T10, thoughts?

    here's my armory
    The World of Warcraft Armory - Meatshželd @ Sen'jin - Profile


    thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    The Catalcysmic Chestguard is easily best in slot because of the huge amounts of armor on it that with other pieces you would only be trading for avoidance. That being said grab the Cataclysmic Chestguard next followed by the T10 shoulders, trinket and T10 helm.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    172
    Yes, Cataclismic bp is BiS in current content, I particularly plan on getting all the bonus armor pieces + t10 shoulders and helm for the 2 piece bonus.

    Mayeb later on get 2 more pieces to play with the 4 piece bonus if it is useful in any specific fight.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,552
    The Emblem of Frost Pick Order - Warriors - TankingTips.com
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/5...ses-worth.html

    Translation: yes it is BiS, and very VERY worth the 95 emblems of frost.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    580
    More armor than ilvl 277 equavalents? Check.
    Just as much stam? Check.
    More sockets? Check.
    Expertise (which is pretty rare in ICC loot)? Check.

    How on earth could this NOT be BiS?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Proletaria View Post
    More armor than ilvl 277 equavalents? Check.
    Just as much stam? Check.
    More sockets? Check.
    Expertise (which is pretty rare in ICC loot)? Check.

    How on earth could this NOT be BiS?
    Not to say it's bad or not BiS or anything, but let's at least keep it honest?

    - more armor than ilvl 277 tank chests
    - less stamina than ilvl 277 tank chests
    - number of sockets doesn't matter (already factored in for stamina and actually same as Blightborne Warplate)
    - a threat stat instead of survival, which is not always going to be useful

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by Dots View Post
    Not to say it's bad or not BiS or anything, but let's at least keep it honest?

    - more armor than ilvl 277 tank chests
    - less stamina than ilvl 277 tank chests
    - number of sockets doesn't matter (already factored in for stamina and actually same as Blightborne Warplate)
    - a threat stat instead of survival, which is not always going to be useful
    More stam than the 277 t10 chest when gemmed is what i meant. You're correct the offset pieces go higher. Sockets was also in reference to t10.
    And since when was expertise just a threat stat? Are you assuming parry-haste is a non-issue for every encounter? Avoidance is far more trivial than expertise when you are talking ICC gear where you'd be lucky to soft-cap.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Proletaria View Post
    More stam than the 277 t10 chest when gemmed is what i meant.
    No?

    Sockets was also in reference to t10.
    Still a moot point, as it's already factored into stamina.

    And since when was expertise just a threat stat? Are you assuming parry-haste is a non-issue for every encounter?
    It is primarily a threat stat because parry-haste is still getting disabled on most meaningful encounters. But yes, sometimes it's going to be useful beyond that.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts