+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Highest Damage Reduction

Quote Originally Posted by Insahnity View Post
    Ok now you have me confused, partly because I am still in the warrior spell reflect mindset. Warrior Spell reflect only works on targetted single target spells, so for the aforementioned breath weapon, a warrior is SOL. If you are suggesting that a DK can parry away area of effect spells (classified as either conical or plain old Puddle of Acid/Fire/Shadow), this would be fascinating.

I am still trying to grapple general resistances. I've been tinkering with frost resist gear for VoA25 on Toravon on my arcane mage, and I am finding the following

with 426 resist, Recount reports

1/3 25% partial resist
    2/3 50% partial resist
    One instance of a 75% partial resist.

With 466 resist, recount reports

Almost exclusively 50% resists
    3 instances of 75% resists in one fight
    5 instances of 25% resists in the same fight.

I'm guessing with 450ish resistance, you can expect a normal distribution around 50% partial resists, with +3s being 75% resist and -3s being 25% resists. I'm anxious to try its effects with polar gear on my bear where it is most effective.

Finally, Spell Deflection sounds like the old avoidance argument; in the long run statistically speaking, it's as good as mitigation, but unless RNG loves you, that killer spell ain't gonna be deflected when your health is redlining and your healers are dead, and there ain't nothing you can do about it.
    General spell resistances now work like this:

X resistance gives a guarantee of Y% minimum damage reduction and Z% average damage reduction. It no longer follows the 25,50,75 breaks like it did pre WotLK:

http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t44675-r...chanics_wotlk/

Quote Originally Posted by jere View Post
    General spell resistances now work like this:

X resistance gives a guarantee of Y% minimum damage reduction and Z% average damage reduction. It no longer follows the 25,50,75 breaks like it did pre WotLK:

http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t44675-r...chanics_wotlk/
    Oh, I agree Jere, I was reading that article last night. I'm aiming for about 510 for my bear, should be enough. Except Recount's resist statistics are still back in TBC. Anyone recommend a better add-on for tracking it?

Well, if you know the specific spellname or spell ID, I tend to use ThatJustHappened for those type of things and just pump the results out to a spare chat channel to look at.

+ Reply to Thread