Thread: Corpse Tongue Coin Vs Corroded Skeleton Key

Corpse Tongue Coin Vs Corroded Skeleton Key

Corpse Tongue Coin
    Binds when picked up
    Unique
    Trinket
    Requires Level 80
    Item Level 264
    Equip: Increases your dodge rating by 152 (3.86% @ L80).
    Equip: Melee attacks which reduce you below 35% health cause you to gain 5712 armor for 10 sec. Cannot occur more than once every 30 sec.

Corroded Skeleton Key

Binds when picked up
    Unique
    Trinket
    +228 Stamina
    Requires Level 80
    Item Level 264
    Use: Absorbs 6400 damage. Lasts 10 sec. (2 Min Cooldown)

Right now I have the Coin, I like it and I'm sure alot of people would say its nice for those times you get taken down pass 30% but I was wondering if I should get the Key? I can activate it for when lets say Festergut takes his 3rd inhale and is about to start kicking my butt. I have the coin right now, and I could use the 60 emblems I almost have collected to get a Sent cloak from vendor.

The other reason is that I lost 170 stamina from my old trinket (brewfest trinket) and I really don't like losing health.. I would get back 70 stamina back if I get the cloak gem it with a 30stam gem and I almost have the Exalted tanking ring which would give me another 30stamina via geming So I would like some input from you guys. Should I get the vendor trinket or just get the cloak and lose 1khps? what do you guys think?

Thanks for your comments!!
    Last edited by Phantomx16; 02-04-2010 at 07:51 AM.

General gearing consensus: EH > All.

Bear in mind that does not mean Stam > All... it means effective health. The recent buff to the skeleton key has made it much more attractive IMO. However, that cloak is wicked as well with a heap of armor and a gem slot. To be honest, I wouldn't have bought the corpse tongue coin at all. Avoidance, especially in ICC, is not something to gear for.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Both the "Proc" and "on-use" of those two trinkets are less then stellar imho.

Armor is good because it's always there; with the coin it's not. I have to reserve judgment until I've had a chance to test it but I imagine the up-time on the proc is not terribly high with the exception of fights like festergut.

The absorb shield on the key, even after the stealth-buff, is laughable. 6000 dmg is like half a hit from any boss you'd actually want to use it on.

That being said, you can't argue with the stamina on the key being far superior to the dodge on the coin.

If I could only wear one, I'd wear the key.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

The only reason I like the corroded skeleton key is really the stam boost, and the fact that the absorb seems better than the Black Heart now. Black Heart has a 15% uptime with 7056 armor, the Skeleton Key seems to edge it out for damage reduction*. Of course, that is not saying there aren't better trinkets, just out of these particular ones.

*Just on a quick look, I haven't run the numbers on it yet... so if I'm wrong please correct me
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomx16 View Post
    I was wondering if I should get the Key? I can activate it for when lets say Festergut takes his 3rd inhale and is about to start kicking my butt.
    You can easily ride out Festergut's 3rd inhale with proper CD management.

Watch for him to cast the 3rd inhale, 1 sec before it finishes casting hit your Last Stand and Enrage Regeneration. 1 sec before Last Stand ends hit Shield Wall. If done right you should be covered for the whole time without a risk of death. If you mess up the timing a on use like the one form the Key or Satrina's will help.

But to your original question I would ues the Key over the Coin in the majority of situations. The coin is more situational but still good to have.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Thank you all for your responses, I guess I'll get a key right after I get the cloak.. I really like the stats on the cloak so I can hold out for another 2 weeks for the Key. I pretty much have everything from Vendor other then the gloves. Thanks again!

+ Reply to Thread