+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glyph of Imdomitability vs. Ick's Rotting Thumb

Glyph of Imdomitability vs. Ick's Rotting Thumb

Hi guys,

I'm the MT for a non-progression guild (we've never actually cleared TOC10 as a guild, although we did manage to down 3 bosses in ICC10 the other night).

Here is my Armory:

The World of Warcraft Armory - Eese @ Bonechewer - Profile

I'm currently saving Frost emblems for a new cloak, and I was trying to see if there were any other spots where I could easily upgrade my gear. In 3.2, I had pretty much ignored the Glyph of Indomitabiltiy (Glyph of Indomitability - Item - World of Warcraft), but I'm wondering if maybe I was too hasty. I'm currently using Ick's Rotting Thumb (Ick's Rotting Thumb - Item - World of Warcraft).

Any thoughts on the armor trinket (with a dodge click) vs. the dodge trinket (with a health click)?

Just reading Elitist Jerks a bit, though the math is over my head, it seems like they like armour quite a bit, whereas over here at Tankspot people don't seem to talk about armour very much.

Anyhow, thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Go with the Glyph of Indom, 99% of the time EH is the way to go and the Glyph has a better on use making it an easy choice. Trust me Esee Tankspotters love armor.

Always go with EH or armor...avoidance is good if your EH and armor are already high.

Quote Originally Posted by gundecker View Post
    Always go with EH or armor...avoidance is good if your EH and armor are already high.
    For clarification EH = Effective health which is:

(Hit points)/(1-%armor reduction)

Well, there are some other % reductions you need to add in at the end there, you need to add a 1-% for each reduction buff (like inspiration and d stance). But point is EH is Armor AND health. Kinda semantics, but ya.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Ok, thanks for the advice guys. I figured that even though were both melee-protection trinkets that they might be about even, but everyone here seems to be in agreement, so I'll grab the Glyph (triumph emblems are easy to acquire as a tank, I've just been turning mine into crusader orbs).

Happy tanking!

Ick's Rotting Thumb is a really bad trinket, even for a new tank.

A new tank should probably stick with Glyph of Indom and The Black Heart if you can't get anything better.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

Indom is amazing. /end

I dont wanna hack this thread but I'm wondering if Corroded Skeleton Key - Item - World of Warcraft and Juggernaut's Vitality - Item - World of Warcraft would make a great trinket combo since stacking stam for EH is so good right now.

I have the emblem to purchase it now but would like your opinion on the matter. I could also purchase the glyph.

Thanks

I think the consensus is Skeleton key + any other stam trinket for high magic damage fights, and Indom + Black Heart (or any stamina trinket available) for physical damage intensive fights. I may be wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker76 View Post
    I dont wanna hack this thread but I'm wondering if Corroded Skeleton Key - Item - World of Warcraft and Juggernaut's Vitality - Item - World of Warcraft would make a great trinket combo since stacking stam for EH is so good right now.

I have the emblem to purchase it now but would like your opinion on the matter. I could also purchase the glyph.

Thanks
    That combo is very very good overall second on my list to the Corroded Skeleton Key and Unidentifiable Organs. But truthfully I wouldn't waste your emblems on the Skeleton Key early when the offset pieces have much better EH returns than you would get over the Black Heart or Glyph of Indom/

Ok thx, but in the meantime should I run with Juggernaut's Vitality - Item - World of Warcraft and Glyph of Indomitability - Item - World of Warcraft or the egg?

thank you.

Juggernaut, Glyph combo all the way. EH in trinkets is always favored compared to avoidance, The Glyph and Juggernaut also have much better in uses/procs.

+ Reply to Thread