+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gem and enchanting numbers not adding up --help!

Gem and enchanting numbers not adding up --help!

Alright, so I obtained a few new upgrades, and decided I would boost my stamina up a little bit.

Health started at 38656.

Using fresh boots, I added Tuskarr's Vitality for 15 stamina.

(150 hit points)

Then I took exp+15stam off my Shoulders. Shoulders had a socket bonus of 6 stamina with one socket, so I replaced it with a +30 stam Solid MZ.

(300 - 150 - 60 = 90 Hit Points)

Then I took exp+15 stam, and def+15 stam off of my chest piece and replaced it with +30 stam Solid MZ's also. The BPotWK has 3 sockets and a +12 stamina bonus.

(600 - 300 - 120 = 180 Hit Points)

Now, if my math is correct, I should be getting an extra 420 Hit Points from these Gemming corrections.

However, upon completing all of the above right about the same time, my health only increased by 100 Hit Points and left me at 38,756 Hit points.

Can anyone explain exactly how this happened?

With socket bonuses all having an effective value of 6 stamina, how can I not gain more than 100hp? Its almost like I lost enough to cut 50 out of my tuskarr's enchant. I'm confused!

A quick update as well:

[Wrynn's Legguards of Conquest] is mysteriously giving 30 more hit points than [Legguards of Feverish Dedication].

The only difference in enchants? Well, [Wrynn's Legguards of Conquest] has an exp+15stam in one socket, and [Legguards of Feverish Dedication] has +30 Solid MZ in both sockets (ignoring the socket bonus).

I think the sockets are bugged since the Tuesday patch.

[Wrynn's Legguards of Conquest] should be giving 157 Stamina, plus 45 from normal sockets, and a socket bonus of 9. (2110 hit points).

[Legguards of Feverish Dedication] should be giving 180 stam, plus 60 from sockets, and ignoring socket bonus. (2400 hit points).

I am swapping them on my character right now, and [Wrynn's Legguards of Conquest] is 30 hit points more than the other, rather than the other being 290 more.

Has anyone noticed an HP decrease?
    Last edited by Uaru; 01-20-2010 at 08:33 PM.

Sounds like you de-activated your Meta gem by replacing Red gems with Blue ones.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

You are right about the Meta gem.

My shoulder socket broke my meta gem, hah.

I fixed it, and got those stats back, and then the leggings stam starting working correctly.

How does the Meta gem affect the stats of the leggings though?

That still have me baffled.

Quote Originally Posted by Uaru View Post

Well, [Wrynn's Legguards of Conquest] has an exp+15stam in one socket, and [Legguards of Feverish Dedication] has +30 Solid MZ in both sockets (ignoring the socket bonus).
    One has a red gem, one does not. Don't worry we all do it at some point.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Oooooohhh!

Haha! You totally solved the mystery.

Yeah, I guess that'd do it when swapping out the leggings.

Lol!

Guess it had to happen to me at least once to give me the full impact of DUH!

+ Reply to Thread