+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Epic Marmot -- Effective Loot Systems

Loot Council is probably the fairest system out there, however it is also the one with the highest risk for drama. Which is why people have trouble implementing it.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    Loot Council is probably the fairest system out there, however it is also the one with the highest risk for drama. Which is why people have trouble implementing it.
    When handled properly it works well...the onus is on the council to make a correct and fair decision, though.

It is also probably the system that is most susceptible to misuse, as it has the potential to be the least transparent in its methodology.

I know it can be used very successfully and to great effect, but one should also be mindful of its potential flaws as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    Loot Council is potentially the fairest system out there
    Fixed
    A perfect loot council is the best loot system.
    A bad loot council is the worst loot system.

My guild The Dead Fish Society on Kel' Thuzad uses a custom DKP system that is based on Ratio.

LP (Loot Points) / RP (Raid Points) = your Ratio. Whomever, has the lowest ratio that is going for the item gets it.

Every Item you get increases your LP by 20.
    All members start out with 20 LP

You gain RP by doing the following:
    Guild First Boss Kill = 8 points
    Guild 2nd Boss Kill = 6 points
    Regular Boss Kills = 4 points
    Boss Wipe = 2 points
    15 minutes in raid = 1 point per 15 minutes.
    Wait List = 1 point per 15 minutes.

Main Spec will always win over Off Spec.

We have limited the ICC tokens to one per raid, unless that person already has the Set Piece to be upgraded.

To date in our 5+ year history, we have only gkicked 1 person who was trying intially avoiding loot in effort to get a item they wanted. And that was back in Molten Core

We do use a customized Mod, to track the RP earned, so it is always using Live Data. But loot distribution is very quick. As you can see it rewards those who are in the raid even on progression fights where there is no guarantee that a new boss will die, and a small bonus for those who are waiting to be called into the raid. Frankly, I have yet to see a system that is simpler to know when your best chance for loot will be as well as being fair and quick to do. Though, I'm sure that I am biased.

Some of the benefits of our system, is allows hardcore members and more casual/or new members to be able to get loot relatively quickly.

They may not get something on their first or second run (depending on how many bosses are being killed), but their ratio will work to their advantage until they win and item and then it puts them back down compared to everybody else.
    It also doesn't suffer the problem that some DKP systems have, where if you don't kill any bosses, then you don't gain any DKP or what have you.
    It gives incentive for the hardcore members to continue to come to a raid that is already on farm status, because they continue to get their ratio lower, so when something that does drop they will usually be the first to pick it up.
    We don't have to worry about Inflation or causing DKP to decay... this practice just seems stupid to me.
    We don't have to worry about the potential drama of a Loot Council ... again, I can't believe people would be in any guild that did this.
    We don't worry about potential drama with open or silent bidding.
    The maintenance is extremely minimal, though we did have to customize a mod to be able to have the data be live and be able to update easily.

For Legendary Items, we (GMs and officers) pick the order in which those who will be elegible to get the item. They would still be charged LP for it. (heh, I guess this is a form of loot council.. but then again how many Legendary items do guilds normally make )

We do have people do a roll, just so we know who wants the item... the nice thing is if you have pugs, you can still allow them to roll, and if they get the highest roll, they get the item, if not, then you use this system to determine who really gets it.

We reset the LP and RP numbers for each new expansion... being TBH, Woltk and soon Cata.
    Last edited by CrovaxDFS; 01-27-2010 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrovaxDFS View Post
    My guild The Dead Fish Society on Kel' Thuzad uses a custom DKP system that is based on Ratio.
    LP (Loot Points) / RP (Raid Points) = your Ratio. Whomever, has the lowest ratio that is going for the item gets it.
    Hi Crovax I never got to get back to you when you introduced it to "Surreal Nightmare" on "Alterac Mountains". Yes, it does work great, and I guess you know that you basically re-invented (or pre-invented) EP/GP, just the fraction is the other way around. I'm just mentioning this because the EPGP mods are plentiful and can be easily adjusted to your system.

Did I miss an announcement or WHAT IS GOING ON!? I need my weekly marmot videos to watch!!!
    Jermakis

Hey there, Herr Drache. Yeah, I didn't know you guys actually did switch to it. But as you know obviously, it is a great system. I am glad we were able to help at least in a little bit.

+ Reply to Thread