+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which consumables?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    I always use Flask of Stoneblood with Rhinolicious Wormsteak.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Stoneblood with 40agil/40 stamina food, and I carry 60 indestructible pots with me.
    Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party, this Is something I have missed since nov 08.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    .......I actually think finkill and I talked about this and he does currently use expertise food, but I could be making that up. (he's the MT of rush, world 3rd putricide kill)......
    Just thought I'd let you know that Fink was recently removed from rush and that I don't think you could have ever described him as their "MT."

I think people are forgetting the avoidance and dmg mitigation of expertise by not using Rhinolicious Wormsteak. As a food buff i dont think it can be beaten by any other food in terms of what its usefulness is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirloinsteak View Post
    I think people are forgetting the avoidance and dmg mitigation of expertise by not using Rhinolicious Wormsteak. As a food buff i dont think it can be beaten by any other food in terms of what its usefulness is.
    I would argue against that Sirloin, in content where it matters how you gear threat isn't an issue making this survival the only concern. Using TheckHD's value of expertise it shows that in ICC for warriors 1 point of expertise is worth about 57% of 1 dodge rating in terms of survival. So you are comparing about 23 dodge rating without the benefits of avoiding debuffs to 40 agility the alternative which will have more avoidance and additional armor.

For normal progression I generally use Stoneblood for the health, and Rhino meat for the expertise. Expertise = more threat and some survival. However, for normal modes go cheap, use fish feast and don't flask.

For example my guild is, Conspiracy, on shadowmoon. Quite a few people in the guild pull 10k dps. So, threat is surely an issue. However, on some fights, like anub hard mode (where you are attempting to get unhittable) stoneblood & expertise isn't the way to go in my opinion.

On a side note, for farm status shit, I still use a flask (perhaps i always will) but I usually eat from the fish feast that is provided, and have yet to lose agro from doing so.

I use the deep wounds spec as my single target spec. I also have vig glyphed and normally pull around 10k tps (with 2-3 forms of md).

The only fight where threat is an issue is lady Deathwhisper, but this is caused by a debuff not by failing to eat or flask.

I don't know that this closes any questions but its what I feel works best for me.

+ Reply to Thread