+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Black Bruise, nice threat alternative?

Black Bruise, nice threat alternative?

Lately I've been lacking in tps a bit, with upgrades I lost more and more expertise and even a bit of hit while gaining massive survivability.

I really felt the threat loss, people creeping up my back where I previously I didn't have problems.

Few days ago I got http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50035 because otherwise it would be disenchanted.
    And I've tried it tonight for an entire ICC 10 and ToGC 10 and it "felt" better.
    I don't know if it's the higher damage then my http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48044 I normally use or the proc. But it certainly feels better threat wise.

Anyone else got experience with this weapon?

Not yet but I have to test it!
    I tinker with the idea of using a 2.60 over a 1.50 for a long time. Till now, 1.50 had a slight advantage. With the incoming Buff of Devastate plus the proc of that Fist Weapon, this advantage might melt...

Benefits to a slow weapon:
    Increased damage / threat of devestate
    Increased damage / threat of deepwounds
    Phasing out Revenge from your rotation making it simpler (and freeing up 2 point from imp revenge for people with cookie cutter specs)

Drawbacks to a slow weapon:
    Less damage / threat from heroic strike
    Less consistent rage flow (when heroic strike is not queued)
    Loss of tank stats

Overall, when I can get my hands on a slow weapon from ICC 25 I will be taking it.
    My survivability has not been a problem, and the added dps will at least boost my ego. The choice will be even easier to make once they buff devestate another 20%.

As for your post.
    If it feels better, go with it.

Quoting from a thread in general forum, math for the upcoming patch:
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    Fiddling with spreadsheet, 120% Dev (assuming only the non-Sunder damage) + Deep Wounds.
    5.5k AP fully buffed, 218 Hit rating, 27 Exp, comparing BQS vs a same DPS weapon at 1.5-1.7 ranges as well as 2.6 speed.
    Rotation is 12 SS, 25 Dev, 2 SW and a HT in a minute.(=max DPS)
    Using BQS with 100% HS as baseline.

Code:
    Speed vs HS ratios for TPS:
    _________2.6_____2.0______1.7_______1.6_______1.5__
    100%.....+32.......0......+44.......+73......+112
    90%......-84....-138.....-111.......-89.......-58
    80%.....-200....-276.....-266......-251......-228
    50%.....-548....-690.....-731......-737......-739
    25%.....-838...-1035....-1118.....-1142.....-1164
    0%.....-1128...-1380....-1506.....-1547.....-1589
    And equally important
    Code:
    Speed vs HS ratios for DPS:
    _________2.6_____2.0_____1.7______1.6_____1.5__
    100%.....+49.......0......-4.......-1......+5
    90%.......+9.....-52.....-62......-61.....-57
    80%......-40....-103....-119.....-120....-119
    50%.....-172....-257....-290.....-298....-305
    25%.....-283....-386....-432.....-446....-460
    0%......-393....-515....-575.....-595....-615
    Conclusion: Slow weapons give the best DPS in nearly all situations.
    Fast weapons only grant more TPS if you can keep up a very high HS ratio. (Assuming equal stats)

On scaling:
    Devastate, HS & Deep Wounds scale relatively linear with AP.
    Devastate & Deep Wounds scale with weapon speed directly through higher weapon damage contribution.
    HS scales with weapon speed both directly and indirectly. Directly due to using it more, indirectly through Incite, which increases the chance to crit with that swing, thus proccing more Deep Wounds.
    As your total output is the sum of these 3 curves and HS itself is a sum of different parameters, it does fluctuate a bit, but at high HS ratios slow weapons do slightly more DPS while fast weapons gain a slight increase in TPS, which is probably negated by any DPS stats you may have on your slow weapon.
    Surprisingly, BQS is only useful in situations where you cannot guarantee constant HS use such as Festergut, Lady Death, ....
    So the way I read that, the less uptime you have on HS, the better the bruise will be. I think it would be worth extending the discussion to other 'dps' weapons.

I've been rocking http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50412 since our first saurfang down. It's worked fine for me, since my only tank weapon at the moment is the 232 ardent guard (i have piss luck with drops).

Quote Originally Posted by swelt View Post
    Quoting from a thread in general forum, math for the upcoming patch:

So the way I read that, the less uptime you have on HS, the better the bruise will be. I think it would be worth extending the discussion to other 'dps' weapons.
    This spreadsheat I assume is for "same dps" weapons, so if I don't have access to a higher lvl tanking weapon, the dps weapon will mostly perform better regardless of speed, just because of the damage boost?

Good question. I expect that if (when) the patch hits tomorrow and the detailed mechanics are confirmed, Wartotem will update/publish his spreadsheet and see for ourselves. Probably true though.

+ Reply to Thread