+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Blood Queen Lanathel

You cannot bite other player's pets during this encounter.
    Also, if you are dying to blood bolt whirls all the time this might help. Healers spread out just outside of the middle circle and perhaps even one player in the middle of the circle. Then ranged dps spread out along the back stairs area and then finally the melee dps and tanks can spread out on the front and side walls.
    If biting people is your problem then this too might help. Have one person with raid debuffs showing on raid frames to call out to a person who has been bitten to bite another player and if that player cannot bite this player in time, bite a healer.

Palymcbeal
    <Clockwork> on Aegwynn US PvP

Bite order

Just a couple quick notes I wanted to add.

-The video (25m) recommends biting a melee dps first so that she doesn't jump across the room and waste dps time. However, in our experience biting the top range dps is a better option, since they can dps her while she is in the air, and this more than makes up the difference in lost dps time.

-On 25m, as the raid leader you should make one tank/healer group, and then have 4 groups of dps to simplify the biting order (2 melee groups and 2 range groups). Put your top 4 dps as the group leaders, and those are the first 4 to get bit. Those people then bite the next person in their group, and this keeps everyone somewhat organized. Also, with 4 groups you can assign 4 "meeting spots," i.e. on the 4 sides of the circle in the center of the room. This is good in that it makes both the people biting and getting bit move to pre-assigned spots and lowers the amount of chaos going on.

Quote Originally Posted by sully501 View Post
    Just a couple quick notes I wanted to add.
    -On 25m, as the raid leader you should make one tank/healer group, and then have 4 groups of dps to simplify the biting order (2 melee groups and 2 range groups). Put your top 4 dps as the group leaders, and those are the first 4 to get bit. Those people then bite the next person in their group, and this keeps everyone somewhat organized. Also, with 4 groups you can assign 4 "meeting spots," i.e. on the 4 sides of the circle in the center of the room. This is good in that it makes both the people biting and getting bit move to pre-assigned spots and lowers the amount of chaos going on.
    Awesome idea.

What is the addon Lore is using with the icons showing in the middel of his/her screen showing the nxt atk that should be used?

Ty.

My head is starting to hurt from reading all of these posts trying to figure out exactly how the bite works. I've gone over the replies to this thread and the threads in the ICC section, and also on the WoW forums. For all those that post it's solely damage done, explain how healers are being chosen. It "seems" to be threat based from what I can tell but it's not always the case, so something tells me there's more to it. If healers are being bitten it would be hard to imagine how they remained 1st or 2nd on threat behind the tanks after 15 seconds.

I'll have to review the logs for last night but every attempt it was either the same dps warrior (who was trying to get it 1st) or one of our 3 hunters. I'm starting to lean more towards damage done to a certain threshold or who first attacked the boss besides the tanks. I'm just theorizing at the moment and will go over the logs later, but it seems odd that it was a random one of our 3 hunters getting it and all of them were firing off MD's on the pull.

Does anyone know if ANY DR effects impact the Blood Mirror? Activated abilities don't, that much is clear. But if stances etc don't, it might be wise just to stick a DPS in a mix of tank and heal gear and have them be the "OT".

EDIT: On bite stuff...

I am pretty much positive it is chosen from a small group of people who are not the MT or Blood Mirror'd who are high on threat, not damage. We can usually forcei t onto our feral druid by having him go in in bear form (and watch his threat) and DPS. Other times, it pops onto the DPS below him instead. So, I think it is a bit random among the top two who are not the tank/offtank.

Quote Originally Posted by bling581 View Post
    My head is starting to hurt from reading all of these posts trying to figure out exactly how the bite works. I've gone over the replies to this thread and the threads in the ICC section, and also on the WoW forums. For all those that post it's solely damage done, explain how healers are being chosen. It "seems" to be threat based from what I can tell but it's not always the case, so something tells me there's more to it. If healers are being bitten it would be hard to imagine how they remained 1st or 2nd on threat behind the tanks after 15 seconds.
    It is a rather simple mechanic:

She bites the #1 on Total produces Threat which is not a tank, and not linked to the tank.

This means:
    1. Healing produces x0,5 Threat compared to Damage, so if a Healer does 2x as much Healing as the top DPSer did Damage, the healer will get bitten.
    2. No -threat effect seems to work. We tried Mirror Image, Feign Death, Feint, Fade... she ignores such effects, threat only counts up for her.
    3. Passive threat-reductions don't seem to work either. Rogue's inherent -20%, Cat Druid's -20%, -30% from Ele Shammy talent... I don't think they work, due to comparisons who she bit between healers with no -threat talent and DPSers with -threat talent.

So in short:
    Take all damage done, take all healing done and half that. Sort the bars, whoever is highest and not a tank gets the initial bite.
    SQUEAK.
    -- (The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

I think not and here the right place to ask this, more please can someone tell me how to let the interface / ui equal to the lore (paladin video 25 man) please! excuse anything and thank you!

Addon question

Just a quick question about an addon you are using, what addon in the middle of your UI is the onet automatically doing your rotation with one button? is that a super macro you have set up or a completely separate ret addon? Would like to know, great vid.

Quote Originally Posted by MishaPie View Post
    Just a quick question about an addon you are using, what addon in the middle of your UI is the onet automatically doing your rotation with one button? is that a super macro you have set up or a completely separate ret addon? Would like to know, great vid.
    That's Faceroller from what I can tell, it's on WoWinterface.
    SQUEAK.
    -- (The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

that addon in the middle of his screen is CLCret it only shows you what to hit next according to the rotation you configured. It doesn't actually activate the abilities. its good to have if your not sure how to approach a fight in terms of rotation. if you already know your stuff its not nearly as useful. I actually downloaded it and ended up deleting it because it was distracting me from my rotation ironically.

Our guild is small and only runs 10 man raids. We downed the Queen this week for the first time using a 3 heal strat, but only 1 tank. Our paladin tank switched into his holy gear (using his prot belt, bracers and cloak for a little extra stam) so raid buffed he had approx. 36k hit points and about 26k armor. Beaconing himself he stood on the MT and soaked the blood mirror (hitting on average for 13k). With sacred sheild and improved righteous fury, the holy pally still took the least amount of damage than anyone in the raid for the whole fight. I would recommend this strat if you are finding it hard to 2 heal, and your dps is a little lower than needed to down her while 3 healing.

What do tank do for this fight.

Tongue in cheek remark: She gets hit in the face a lot.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

sorry to post something unrelated, but ive always been interested what the addon that is being used for the rotation of the paladin in 25 man version. If someone could answer this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Before I even start let me apologize for typing this and creating these formulas while falling asleep. Im sure there are some flaws in the math. sorry.
    This math is for 10 man:

4min = 240 seconds
    5 dps + 2tanks (half of 1 dps) = 6dps (three healer)

240 - 15 sec (before bite) = 225 sec

225 sec/45sec(time between biting)= 5 bites (player biting player)

the Following formula will break down the value of each dps during the raid encounter. This will count the bite as 1
    extra dps per full raid encounter. Since no bite will last the full encounter, it will adjust the bite value per its
    duration:

1st dps:
    Time bitten 3min 45s (3.75mins)
    3.75mins/4min= 0.9375 = 93.75% of combat
    total dps value: 1.9375 dps per engagement(i.e. the first dps will be worth 1.9375 dps)
    2nd dps
    Time bitten 3min
    3min/4min= .75 = 75% of combat
    total dps value: 1.75 dps per engagement
    3rd dps
    Time bitten 2min 15s (2.25min)
    2.25min/4min= 0.5625 = 56.25% of combat
    total dps value: 1.5625 dps per engagement
    4th dps
    Time bitten 1min 30s (1.5min)
    1.5min/4min= 0.375 =37.5% of combat
    total dps value: 1.375 dps per engagement
    5th dps
    Time bitten 45s (.75min)
    0.75min/4min= 0.1875 = 18.75% of combat
    total dps value: 1.1875 dps per engagement

If you are using 6 dps, the sixth dps will be bitten at the 4th minute mark. At this point you are on borrowed time and
    it is of little value to calculate out the value of having him bitten. As such he will be counted as 1 dps for all
    mathematical purposes.

The following formula will help you determine if your raids dps is high enough. This formula does not take into random
    variable such someone dying prematurely or even something as small as someone just not critting like they usually do. This
    is only a way to "guesstimate" if your dps is enough.

1st bitten's dps X 1.9375 + 2nd bitten's dps X 1.75 + 3rd Bitten's dps X 1.5625 + 4th Bitten's dps X 1.375 +
    5th bitten's dps X 1.1875 + (sum of any dps not bitten in the encounter) + MT's dps + OT's DPS= raid dps

The blood queen requires a 58,350 raid dps to defeat before the 4min timer. Compare your raid dps to this target dps
    to determine if you can beat her before the 4 min. While it is possible to beat her after 4 mins, the ideal is to not
    reach the 4 minute mark.

Please tell me if my math is way off or my reasoning is wrong or if I have missed some aspect of the fight entirely.
    Im doing this while falling asleep so I wont be surprised if there are mistakes.

edit: I cant recall her health. Im basing the raid dps required off the 14.2 mill someone above stated. If it's less it will be her health/240s.

Have you been in the fight before ?
    The first dps will be be bitten 15 seconds into the fight, keeping the buff for max 3min 45sec.
    The 2nd dps will be be bitten about 55 seconds later, so keeping the buff for about 2min 50sec.
    However, about 55 seconds later, BOTH of them will bite someone, so the 3rd AND the 4th dps will have the buff for about 1min 55sec.
    Then last but not least, 55 seconds later, most other people will be bitten, giving your 5th and maybe 6th dps (we use 5 dps) to have the buff for about 1 min.
    About 55 seconds later, the fight should be over.
    Estimated times ofcourse. If I remember correctly it's 15 secs - buffed for 50 secs - max 10 seconds time to bite someone - buffed for 50 secs - max 10 seconds to bite someone - .. etc

If you have the dps to burn Professor in phase 3 in time, this fight shouldn't be a problem.

Also maybe it has been clarified but the mechanics works like this.
    The MT will NEVER be bitten by BQL. The person that has the Blood Mirror should be the OT and also can NOT be bitten. The person highest on threat that isn't one of these will get the first bite. Howe"ver someone posted a few posts ago that this is total threat done on her. Anyways don't hold back on dps just to "fix" who gets it. If you co÷rdinate well on vent/chat, determining the bite order is easy. You have 50 seconds remember?
    Also info I didn't see anywhere : When your 50 seconds of imbaness are over and you have to bite someone, your action bar is wiped and you are left with 1 attack, Bite someone. To bite someone, TARGET someone then press 1 and done. Imbaness returns.
    Last edited by TheScientist; 04-29-2010 at 02:20 AM.

Yeah, I know its 50 secs before you bite. Like I said, was falling asleep as I was writing it. Just Finished tanking ICC actually. As for the biting, I know it never hits MT. I was stating the theoretical event in which you could end up biting the MT (just like the video did) after you have bitten your way through everyone else. Also, to be honest, I have never had to be bitten or bite anyone. Ive only tanked this far into ICC. My dps classes have only complete 7/12 and my healers have only do lower spire. As I said before was falling asleep. Sorry about misinformation. I swear to write before ICC not after from now on lol.

I read that every dps needs 11, almost 12k dps during this fight to manage getting him down. This was without taking the people that get into vampire form into consideration. I still need to add that 12k dps? How do I get this, I play a boomkin and got maximum 8k dps single target (boss) in icecrown citadel. My character has over 5500 gearscore, equiped with the best boomkin talents I've managed to find for raiding, and best glyphs etc..

Asimaaris: it's ok mate, np ;-) But doing the fight as a tank just would mean you have time to watch the mechanics. At least I do when tanking. Anyways..

Using what Asimaaris tried to do, I get to : (a = the damage coming from 1 dps)
    1.94a+ 1.71a + 1.48a + 1.48a + 1.25a + MT + OT = total raid dps. Assuming MT + OT = 1 dps we get total raid dps = 8.86a. 58350 dps / 8,86 = 6586 dps.
    This is all just a rough estimate, but as you can see, if you about 6.6k dps on a regular boss, you SHOULD be able to down this boss within the enrage timer.
    Remember that you should get your best dps bitten as soon as possible, making this equation incorrect becasue here I assumed everyone had the same dps.
    Imo don't worry about the dps requirements, worry about the fear and coordinating the biting targets.
    The high dps numbers you see is what you will get when bitten first tho. I was up to 14k (was targetted a lot by those shadows) and higher is certainly normal.
    Also if you have a shaman, wait till after almost everyone is bitten for heroism/bloodlust.
    Last edited by TheScientist; 04-29-2010 at 02:23 AM.

+ Reply to Thread