+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Blood Queen Lanathel

Re:

Yep, it's as I suspected with Blood Mirror - take a Holy paladin and you have an easy time of it. If (like us) you don't raid with a Holy paladin, you're going to struggle with the raid damage; it's far from insignificant. This week we're going to be taking a pile of shadow potions to lessen it a bit more and, hopefully, that'll do the trick.

I resolutely refuse to gear up a Holy paladin of less skill, experience and commitment just because Blizzard seems to like fights that favour them so strongly.
    Unwavering Sentinel: Tales of a Protection Warrior Running Wild.
    http://unwaveringsentinel.blogspot.co.uk

This week we left the Plagueworks to focus all our attempts on Blood Queen. We went on the Thursday for Blood Queen attempts and after 13 wipes, (2 attempts left) we decided to leave it there and possibly come back giving us a bit of time to think something up. We got the boss to 4% on our best try before people started getting mind controlled.

After going back after the fix or nerf, whichever you feel is the best explanation of it. We one shot the Blood Queen encounter with our two attempts left and then did Plagueworks wing without a wipe. Seems us saving those 2 attempts served us well. Anyway, anyone attempting Blood Queen after the fix or nerf, shouldn't have a single problem with the Mind Controlling, unless you're quite undergeared for the encounter.

(I believe it was a nerf, they should of lowered the enrage timer so it was still a big gear check. Although after thinking about it, it is normal mode so i guess they fixed the encounter.... hmm)

Last sunday our offtank kept dying in the 25 man version. When we swapped back and forth between soaking and tanking it stopped happening. I did notice a 5-6 dot debuff on me every now and then but it always expired before it could stack up when I got it.

Am I missing something here?
    My lack of proper signature actually is a proud minimalistic stand

You'd be meaning this:

Delirious Slash 10 yd range ó Inflicts 50% of weapon damage to an enemy and causes it to bleed for 5250 to 6750 damage per application every 3 sec. for 15 sec.

This doesn't seem to be present in the 10man encounter and i havn't tried the 25 yet. But as of the short duration makes this easy to counter, just let your offtank take over for a while.

I was also thinking yesterday when we did this on 10man.

The common perception seems to be this biteorder:

1: dps (from the boss)
    2: 2 dps
    3: 4 dps
    4: 5 dps and 3 healers

leaving the two tanks to last, because of the threatreduction.

But shouldn't it be easier to bite 1 healer and the 2 tanks ?

by the time you have to bite healers, the fight is almost over. and the threat the tanks have gained throughout the fight should be enough to last until the end (with no dps making any threat)

This way you have a much greater dpsgain from the tanks and thus finishing it off a little quicker?

or am i totally off? :P

Well, to be honest, when we started swapping I generally swapped about 10 seconds after the debuff wore off and it never stacked up. A couple of times I just waited to see if I could get two of em, didn't happen for me. All that a tank swap would then accomplish would be more even damage spreading - right?
    My lack of proper signature actually is a proud minimalistic stand

Well.
    The description of BM says "100% of damage done to you is dealt to the linked source."
    I interpret "100% of damage done to you" as the melee hits from the boss and any DoT ticking on the MT

But im not sure of this. Im gonna go search through some logs of the fight.

Aura damage is done to the linked source too, confirmed in our logs.

The MT takes the Shadow Shroud damage and the OT takes it from the MT and not from the aura. The only benefit to swapping tanks in 25 normal or 10 normal is that you can then have your current MT use his/her tanking cooldowns to reduce the incoming damage for both tanks.

Has anyone identified who she targets for first bite? from our attempts it always bit the same person first, so I'm guessing she always targets the highest damage done or dps person first?

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

We did tank swaps to take advantage of stoneshield pots and then taunted off to use cooldowns when we didn't have a pot up

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    Has anyone identified who she targets for first bite? from our attempts it always bit the same person first, so I'm guessing she always targets the highest damage done or dps person first?
    99.9% confirmed it is top damage

2 healers

Just a quick question and sorry if already been answered, but we were thinking of rolling 2 healers hear to max dps, was wandering is there anything to cause even more dmg if ranged and healers grp up to max dps time and remove pact of darkfallen quicker, or would the addtional dmg from twighligh bllodbolt be unhealable?

thanks in advance

My guess is that the raidamage when a ranged and melee gets linked is to much, but thats more or less a guess. Feel free to try it out and then post here

Quote Originally Posted by Morphy View Post
    • You're choosing the target by yourself (it should be a dps). You bite the player with the ability which will be on your "1" key, and it should be the only thing you can use at this time.
    First off, this is a great video, thanks.

I wanted to get a bit more clarification on the Vampiric Bite ability. Since I don't use the standard Blizzard UI, I am wondering if this ability appears on a Possession bar like the abilities during the encounter with The Prophet Tharon'ja?

I'd really hate to get bite and then not be able to find the ability.

Thanks
    Last edited by LuchadorRex; 02-01-2010 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aldarion View Post
    Just a quick question and sorry if already been answered, but we were thinking of rolling 2 healers hear to max dps, was wandering is there anything to cause even more dmg if ranged and healers grp up to max dps time and remove pact of darkfallen quicker, or would the addtional dmg from twighligh bllodbolt be unhealable?

thanks in advance
    My 10-man group has actually done it 2 weeks in a row with 2 healers. We have our Shadow Priest get bitten first so that the healing output from Vampiric Embrace helps reduce the healing load. It works quite well for us as we have had no problems with the fight thus far using this method.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifro View Post
    My 10-man group has actually done it 2 weeks in a row with 2 healers. We have our Shadow Priest get bitten first so that the healing output from Vampiric Embrace helps reduce the healing load. It works quite well for us as we have had no problems with the fight thus far using this method.
    thats actually a super awesome idea.

when we tried to 2 heal we had one healer doing 9k hps and one doing 8k hps and we still dropped hard. it wasnt an option to 2 heal it for us : /

First bite target

I have concluded the first bite target is chosen as follows:

Randomly picked of the top two on threat not including tanks.

This is based on my reviewing of my 15 or so Fraps videos of this fight, plus watching YouTube videos (including the Tankspot one) which all confirm this.

In Lore's video, for example, the mage is highest on threat, the warrior Krouton is 2nd. The warrior is bitten.

In Riot Act vs Blood Queen Lana'thel - Full Uncut it picks the hunter who is 1st on threat behind the MT.

In Blood-Queen Lana'thel (25) - Raiding Rainbows it picks the ret paladin who is 2nd on threat (not including the tank).

In Rush vs. Blood-Queen Lana'thel (25 man Normal Mode) it picks the mage who seems to be tied with the hunter for 1st on threat.

All of my 15 Fraps videos support this as well.

I have yet to see evidence that shows otherwise.

We did have a healer get bitten once, during an attempt where we told our mage to go all out, and everyone else to basically stop DPS, just to see if it would bite him. It bit our healer because he was 2nd on threat behind the mage, since everyone else was basically holding off DPS.

The best way to use this information is to pick a ranged DPS and a melee DPS to pop cooldowns at the start. Ideally a DPS warrior and a hunter or mage. Pre-potting Potions of Speed is a very good choice as it lasts 15 seconds. Nobody else should pop cooldowns. They can secure the top 2 threat positions. If you're using a biting strategy where the ranged bites other ranged, and the melee bites other melee, than this is perfect it won't matter who gets bitten first. For example:

Attempt 1:

Warrior bitten first.

Warrior bites mage.

Warrior bites rogue.
    Mage bites hunter.

Warrior bites DK.
    Rogue bites feral druid.
    Mage bites shadow priest.
    Hunter bites warlock.

etc.

Attempt 2:

Mage bitten first.

Mage bites warrior.

Mage bites hunter.
    Warrior bites rogue.

Mage bites shadow priest.
    Hunter bites warlock.
    Warrior bites DK.
    Rogue bites feral druid.

etc.

So, as you can see, all the bites can be pre-planned, and while you can't secure whether the mage or the warrior gets bitten first, it won't matter because they're just going to bite the other next, and then follow their normal bite targets. So as long as you can keep them on top 2 threat (not including tanks) for the first 15 seconds, you don't have to switch bite targets mid-fight.
    Last edited by Moozhe; 01-30-2010 at 03:29 PM.

From everything we've seen in 25 mans, it appears that the bite has nothing to do with threat at all. It is the person that is top on damage when the bite occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Del View Post
    From everything we've seen in 25 mans, it appears that the bite has nothing to do with threat at all. It is the person that is top on damage when the bite occurs.
    The thread you are physically posting in links a video in the first post which shows the person who is 3rd on damage, and 2nd on threat (not including tanks) getting bitten first.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    99.9% confirmed it is top damage
    Actually seems total random for us in 10 man last night. We had 6 attempts, many times it was the healer that took the first bite even though we wasn't even close on tank threat.
    We actually tried to have only the lock dps until the first bite so we can guarantee he gets bitten, but it didn't seem to work.

+ Reply to Thread