+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Blood Queen Lanathel

My 10 man did this last night and it only took us a couple of tries to get a order set for who get's bitten but other than that it's a ok fight.

1st try we had some newbish dps tunnel vision who didn't realise he had it and got MC'd

2nd try we just ran out of time on the bites and it was on something like 5%.

3rd try we got it without a MC going through and also amazingly some tank look dropped for me which seems to not happen in our 25 man.

We did however find the council a bit tricky .. well tricky while our ranged tank got used to picking up the purple orbs to protect himself.. we even got the acheveiment for no raid member takeing more than 26k of spell damage in the fight.

But we did a clearance in the one night which is good going since I hadn't looked at the tactics a great deal which is bad for a raid leader I know :P

Still I really enjoyed the fight but I'm sure it will be very interesting once the heroics come. hopefully by then I've alot more new gear to help me along the way.
    Anu (80 Warrior)
    Tank for The Untouchables - Runetotem (EU)

Re:

I only have one question, and it's to do with Blood Mirror:

What's the deal with this? Is it something that has an uptime of, say, 12 seconds (thus, the MT using Shield Wall mitigates it), or is it something she uses for singular attacks, albeit liberally?

Depending on which it is, this is potentially yet another fight that says "take a Holy paladin if you want the healing difficulty cut in half".
    Unwavering Sentinel: Tales of a Protection Warrior Running Wild.
    http://unwaveringsentinel.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    I only have one question, and it's to do with Blood Mirror:

What's the deal with this? Is it something that has an uptime of, say, 12 seconds (thus, the MT using Shield Wall mitigates it), or is it something she uses for singular attacks, albeit liberally?

Depending on which it is, this is potentially yet another fight that says "take a Holy paladin if you want the healing difficulty cut in half".
    Seemed to me that it's an ability that is up the entire fight.

So this really is out already, damn Blizzard wasted no time adding these bosses, my guild is still stuck on Saurfang in 25 man but we should have all of this cleared on 10 man no problem by the sounds of it. The mechanics of this fight don't seem to be too hard really, timing is key and having some solid DPS would help.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    So this really is out already, damn Blizzard wasted no time adding these bosses, my guild is still stuck on Saurfang in 25 man but we should have all of this cleared on 10 man no problem by the sounds of it. The mechanics of this fight don't seem to be too hard really, timing is key and having some solid DPS would help.
    Probably not the place to discuss this but your best chance on geting unstuck on saurfang is assign small teams to each add. if not enough hunter traps 1 slower/dps and 1 strait DPS on each add works wonders. if everybody does their job all adds die in 10s without ever reaching anybody and all go back to DPS, leting the first mark or two die can also make it easier.

This wasn't mentionned or explained with facts.

When you get bit, how do you bite someone else? How do you choose the next target?

Also, what makes it so that more people are bitten as the fight progresses; does she bite more people?

Once you were bitten once, can you be bitten again later to increase your dps again?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebmes View Post
    When you get bit, how do you bite someone else? How do you choose the next target?

Also, what makes it so that more people are bitten as the fight progresses; does she bite more people?

Once you were bitten once, can you be bitten again later to increase your dps again?

Thanks!
    • You're choosing the target by yourself (it should be a dps). You bite the player with the ability which will be on your "1" key, and it should be the only thing you can use at this time.
    • That's already mentioned in the video. You just need to focus a bit while you're watching it. Bitten players needs to bite someone else in order to prevent geting MC'ed.
    • No you cant.

Can't find any confrimation that there is more people initially bitten in 25man.

Is there only one bitten in 25 too ?

so it goes 1 -> 2 -> 4 -> 8 -> 16 -> 25 (where 7 people got MC'ed) ?

wich brings the soft enrage on 25man to ~315 sec

Does anyone know if this hotfix makes it impossible to sacrifice players in order to extend the soft enrage timer?

Quote Originally Posted by mav1234 View Post
    Does anyone know if this hotfix makes it impossible to sacrifice players in order to extend the soft enrage timer?
    MMO-Champion BlueTracker - BQL Hotfix

The hotfix merely negated the need to 'let someone die' by extending the duration of Essence of the Blood Queen. Now the time it takes for your raid to get fully MC'ed and the enrage timer supposedly match up.

chris73760

was just wondering..what do you guys use to record your fights?
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 01-22-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chris73760 View Post
    was just wondering..what do you guys use to record your fights?
    Fraps

Quote Originally Posted by Repartee View Post
    MMO-Champion BlueTracker - BQL Hotfix

The hotfix merely negated the need to 'let someone die' by extending the duration of Essence of the Blood Queen. Now the time it takes for your raid to get fully MC'ed and the enrage timer supposedly match up.
    Hopefully this timer change fixes the problem we encountered last night, when we had 4 ppl needing to go to 8 in 10man it was during the 2nd fear / air phase, we would often lose a couple ppl to double bolts shooting down... turning into a 3% enrage timer wipe instead of a kill.
    Last edited by Timecks; 01-22-2010 at 12:41 PM.

hmm... Maybe they'll address the fear mechanic somehow. Otherwise, that seems like it could cause some major issues with terrible luck

We did this last night on 10man - it was surprisingly easy we just made sure we organized a bit list to maximize dps First bitten -> highest dps then the next was to the next two highest dps then we bloodlust massive dps.

We had to time the bites to the last moment as our when it came up for the bite phase she was in her air phase where people need to spread out - we also had the holy pally bubble sac this air phase very shortly after that the encounterwas all over.

this might be a stupid question but during this fight can the tank me MCed as well? Also could and undeads Will of the Forsaken bear that MC

Quote Originally Posted by svjm2011 View Post
    this might be a stupid question but during this fight can the tank me MCed as well? Also could and undeads Will of the Forsaken bear that MC
    Yes, and no.

The Essence timer lines up with the 2nd air phase, well lets just say biting people in the 2nd air phase is wiping us.

Anyone else experiencing this inconvenience?

1.8% wipes etc, suck. I suppose we should be killing her before the 2nd air phase, however we're 3 healing to compensate for the raid damage... Sigh. Je suis frustrated.

EDIT: We tried delaying when we bite people, and also tried doing it asap to try and un-align the air phase with our bites, we had little success.

two things. my guild only did a few cursory attempts but here's what i noticed

1. i was our OT for the fight and i wasnt seeing any blood mirrors. in fact, i had the second lowest damage taken for the few attempts we did.

2. for that link ability, is there anything that stops folks from just stacking together and moving as a group when someone gets shadow puddled?

Quote Originally Posted by odinonehorn View Post
    two things. my guild only did a few cursory attempts but here's what i noticed

1. i was our OT for the fight and i wasnt seeing any blood mirrors. in fact, i had the second lowest damage taken for the few attempts we did.

2. for that link ability, is there anything that stops folks from just stacking together and moving as a group when someone gets shadow puddled?
    1) you need to make sure you're the closest to the tank, if you're not, then someone else is getting blood mirrored

2) she shoots out twilight bolts that target a randomr aid member and does aoe damage when it lands.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread