+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Blood Princes

Neither the non-empowered or empowered version of Shadow Lance could be spell reflected when I tanked him tonight.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

As said before unholy dk's make tanking Kel trivial. As for the threat problems, lead off with dnd, and place it every time it's up. IT him whenever possible. Use AMS at the start of the pull and AMZ during empowers. Then army for another. As for getting the nuclei, simple DC's and IT's seemed to do the trick. I think at one time I had 7 on me.

We did this last night (10 man)

We attempted it with a ranged tank 1st a Mage and 2nd a SP didnt go so well for us, a bit of a threat issue as our dps have a tendancy to be agro hungry also the damage tick wasn't great when overlapping the Dark Nucleus to make sure the third one didnt drop off in the empowered stage. We scrapped the ranged tank idea and we had our Warrior tank Prince Valanar and our DK Tank the other two as long as the DK tank didnt sit in the vortex healing was easy, with this set-up it was very strait foward.

We 3 healed 1 holy priest, resto shammy and a holy pally - there was lots of mana to spare at the end.

In short no range tank required.

We tried with warlock and shadowpriest as tanks in 10man, but we ended up going with having a prot warrior tanking Kelseet instaid. And druid was tanking the 2 melee.

We found this alot easier and almost downed it at first attempt doing it like this, just put vigilance on a healer or so. And make sure you get initial aggro, then just charge,intercept orbs and collect em while you keep threat up on boss.

Was so much easier.

my guild ran it with 1 pally tank taking the fire and static princes and a lock taking the shadow prince.

we used 4 healers. and got the achievement.

it was a little umm...unconventional? but it worked really well. smooth, if long, fight.
    Last edited by odinonehorn; 01-24-2010 at 07:26 PM.

Re:

Not sure what the problem with ranged tanking is, really. I've appended a video of our guild's kill for it, using a hunter as the ranged tank. No special gear, no special buffs - just generally understanding how the mechanic works and making the right choices at the right times (bar once).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnH5tUgWCdo
    Unwavering Sentinel: Tales of a Protection Warrior Running Wild.
    http://unwaveringsentinel.blogspot.co.uk

Offtopic:
    Sry if it has been asked before but can you pls tell me what addons/pack is Aliena using ?
    I really like the clean interface she has.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Offtopic:
    Sry if it has been asked before but can you pls tell me what addons/pack is Aliena using ?
    I really like the clean interface she has.
    She has it bundled up on Wowinterface.

I'm having trouble understanding the mechanics behind an empowered shock vortex. I understand that for a normal shock vortex, move out of the white vortex that spawns for a split second under neath your feet. But when there's an empowered one, what exactly happens? How do you determine if there will be one near you? More importantly, what am I looking for when raiding?

Also, while tanking Taldaram, I was occasionally taking 18-27k melee swings. Was this because I had my back turned to him or does Taldaram gain some sort of damage buff when he goes empowered???

Quote Originally Posted by gundecker View Post
    I'm having trouble understanding the mechanics behind an empowered shock vortex. I understand that for a normal shock vortex, move out of the white vortex that spawns for a split second under neath your feet. But when there's an empowered one, what exactly happens? How do you determine if there will be one near you? More importantly, what am I looking for when raiding?
    Empowered Shock Vortex works like this:

When the 4.5sec (?) cast of Empowered Shock Vortex ends, every player within 30 yards of Valanar receives damage from this ability. If on top of that (being in the 30 yard range) you are close to another player, you will get damage from THEIR shock vortex as well and get knocked back. Empowered Shock Vortex is not stationary, "placed on the ground" like the normal version of it, instead it originates from the player itself.

So think of it like this: if you spread out (12 yards apart I think) when he casts this, you will receive 7k damage. If you fail to spread out and are in range of, say, 2 other players, you would take 7k from your own vortex plus 2 x 7k damage from the other 2 players, adding up to 21k damage and knocking you back. So, whenever he starts to cast the empowered version, you make sure you are either more than 30 yards away from Valanar or are not within 12 yards of another player.

Killed Blood Princes on 25 man on Sunday evening. Used 2 tanks, had a pally Tank Keleseth, whilst we had a warrior tank (me) tank both Taldaram and Valanar. Worked worked a treat. Anyone else tried this? According to WoL i was only taking 7.7k DPS.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5277&e=5585

Quote Originally Posted by Gellor View Post
    Killed Blood Princes on 25 man on Sunday evening. Used 2 tanks, had a pally Tank Keleseth, whilst we had a warrior tank (me) tank both Taldaram and Valanar. Worked worked a treat. Anyone else tried this? According to WoL i was only taking 7.7k DPS.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5277&e=5585
    Hi Gellor! Say hello to Mikah for me.

I mentioned before about using a UH DK for this fight to tank Kel, here is a WOL
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...?s=8452&e=8848

Is there away I can get to know the addon used in the video please

Yes there is, it is called reading the UI forum.

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?56344-TankSpot-Video-User-Interfaces

In a 10man setting a warlock is not needed. My Guild has done pretty well using a Shadow priest. The easiest way is to just have them cast SW:P or a low dmg spell on each nuclei. As long as they have 4-5 Nuclei on them they are pretty much immune to any dmg Keleseth throws out.

As per 25m we downed the Council only after an hr of attempts. We had issues with Kinetic Bombs killing the raid. We also used a different strategy for tanking Keleseth.

Our two hunters were doing less DPS then normal and due to this I decided to make our hunters be the Kinetic bomb jugglers. in 25m You can have any where from 1 - 4 Bombs up at a time. Each Hunter used his pet for the first two Kinetic Bombs giving them some time to DPS the Boss. When the third and fourth kinetic bomb came out, we let our hunters just unload a few shots on the bombs to raise it up again. After the kinetic bomb's were dealt with this fight was really just based on Melee running away from Empowered Shock Vortex.

Also the tanking strategy we used was varied from Tankspots guide. We had a Paladin tank on Keleseth. Reason being: More HP and easier to heal, Higher Threat then a DPS Class, Righetous Fury, Consecrate to keep the nuclei on him. Reckoning, Shiled toss, Judgements, all abilities he used to pull the Nuclei from Range onto him. Once there he would drop Consencrate and the Orbs would never leave. His higher health also meant he could grab 4-5 at all times and never be taking so much dmg it was hard to heal. At anytime the Blood Invocate went on Keleseth, we called out for a Tricks onto the Pally so that at no time could he ever possibly lose agro since he was not spending alot of time building threat on Keleseth but more worried about always keeping 4 orbs or more on him.

Another quick note, Im not sure if it was posted here or not but one of my raiders pasted some text about Keleseth which stated: Due to the fact that all the boses are infact wearing cloth, they do get hit harder then most bosses by the raiders. Also ontop of that when Keleseth is Empowered with the Blood Invocate he is constanting spamming Shadow Lance.Even Further, When Keleseth is casting a spell he can not Dodge, Block, or Parry any attacks. Due to the above reasoning Blood Lust / Herosim is best used when Invocation of Blood is on Keleseth. Give your melee a few seconds to get onto him and then Bloodlust. This gives you a good 30 Secs to knock out a HUGE chunk of life as EVERY attack will land guaranteed as long as your raiders are hit capped.

We just downed 10 man last night. We had me a warr tank grab both fire and vortex guy sorry not sure about names. Then we had a dk tank grab the shadow one and just run him around picking up his obs. The tank on both will need to rotate cd and some cds from healers. The two adds where hiting me for 10 to 20k so it wasnt to bad with cd rolling. This start also free's up another dps which is nice.

We downed him on 4th try.

I was wondering if you could re-release these videos with someone that can speak up a little DANG UR QUIET!!

our guild is using a dk to tank it, it seems also fine :P since he got more hp.

All TS movies are amazing but Darksend's are the best, simply because talking clearly and straight, telling exactly what has to be done and after watching movie encounter looks much easier! Hello Ciderhelm you r not nr1 anymore *Thumbs up tankspot*
    Last edited by pyktis; 02-10-2010 at 04:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread