+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Triumph gear question

Triumph gear question

Okay I have finally gotten enough badges to replace a couple pieces of my tank set. Currently I am DPS so my armory wouldn't help much, but here is my question:

I just got the BP of conquest and am looking at getting the shoulders, gloves, or legs. Currently I have wapach's shoulders, mercy's hold for gloves and abandoned fealty for legs I believe. I like the enduring order shoulders, but if I change out any of the other pieces I am losing a ton of expertise. I only do heroics and normal 5 man's so I am looking for options I guess on what everyone thinks might be better of the pieces.

I know I am supposed to try to hit 26 exp so was hesistant to lose the expertise. Of course all of the pieces are better than my current gear. plus i would get the set bonus for the second piece of conquest stuff.

Thanks and sorry for no current armory but figured someone would have already run the numbers and know a good answer.

Just get enduring order. If you're not holding threat more expertise won't help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Okay I think I logged out in the tank gear. I know I have some 24 sta to change out with 30 sta gems, but assuming I get the enduring order shoulders, would you take the gloves or the legs of conquest first? Also what would you think the best enchant for the Rimefang's is? Mongoose still? Seeing as I just do 5 man heroics and stuff.

Thanks a ton!

The World of Warcraft Armory - Drubnek @ Icecrown - Profile

edit: Don't worry about the CONQUEST badge stuff. Go to the vendor by toc and get the tier badge stuff, except for your shoulders and head, which you can get at the TRIUMPH vendor in dal. along with a nice trinket, and a ring.

also the crafted ring is still a nice ring unless you can get the toc one easily, OR rep farm in icc and get the tanking one from there to go with the triumph badge one.

gemming for parry is sort of a loss. you could gem for straight stam or agi/stam (more general mitigation) or dodge/stam, or expertise stam. you're close to cap so you don't really need to, but as you get more triumph gear your expertise is probably going to go down.

really i'd just keep farming heroics and getting triumph gear until you've picked up every piece of it and the tier gear.

from what i understand for warriors the triumph badge shoulders and head are both better than the tier nine vendor ones.

at the moment though there isn't too too much to say about your gear because youll probably replace ALL of it if you keep farming heroics for badges.

on a more broad note: im not familiar with warrior tank specs but that one seems a little odd to me, just because i thought warrior tanks took deep wounds.

also, you need to chant yer boots. 22 stam or 15 stam + runspeed would be best.

defense on your shield might be better? you're over cap, but only slightly, and that trinket of yours will wanna go with the triumph trinket. also defense by itself adds to mitigation even if you're over the soft cap.

i

Ahh gotcha. I was trying to do a search for the new 3.3 builds. If there is one I need to try to better tank, I will give it a shot. I will snag the enduring shoulders tonight and then the T9 legs tonight and see how that works.

When I did a search for builds, I found a few links but they were for like 3.0 builds. Are they pretty much the same thing still?

Quote Originally Posted by Drubnek View Post
    Ahh gotcha. I was trying to do a search for the new 3.3 builds. If there is one I need to try to better tank, I will give it a shot. I will snag the enduring shoulders tonight and then the T9 legs tonight and see how that works.

When I did a search for builds, I found a few links but they were for like 3.0 builds. Are they pretty much the same thing still?
    Doubtful, but I don't know warriors so can't comment on it.
    I know DKs have changed in a major way since 3.0.

+ Reply to Thread