+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Runeforging for DK DW-Tank

Runeforging for DK DW-Tank

Hey guys, I need some advices for which enchant to use for my DW Tank.

I am Def cap atm, so i am wondering:

Double Nerubian Carapace
    -or-
    Neurbian Carapace + Fallen Crusader
    -or-
    Fallen Crusader + Razorice

Nerubian carapace is a great multirole rune: it give avoidance through the def (and a lot of it, 1,5% for each rune), which also mean more Runestrike so a bit more threat; and it also give stam, and again not something insignifiant, 1% each rune.

So I wont change it for anything else personnally; if I happen to get agro trouble I will change other thing before this rune (like switching sigil, trinket, etc).

Simple answer:
    Swordbreaking = pure avoidance
    Nerubian Carapace = trades a little of that avoidance for a little more Stam scaling (and cuts RS proc'ing avoidance in half).

Fallen Crusader = 95% threat buffing, with a tiny gain in avoidance when it procs and possibly a little healing. Not bad, but take it because you want to buff your threat, not your survival.

Razorice = don't bother as a tank. If you want to min/max threat, FC+Razorice could do nice things, but unless you're going for all out threat gain, don't worry about this one.

There's a funny curve on the tanking runes though. At the start you may want Nerubian Carapace to make sure you hit the uncrittable point, but in high end gear you may like it again where your absolute Stam total gets higher and 1% becomes more and more health gained.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

I choose, NC and FC and am still at 561 def and 38k unbuffed HP; although, in fairness there was nothing scientific about my choice, I like the combo.

If I could do that as Blood with my 2-hander, Theother, I may join you, heh.

I like the idea of the Str/Heal proc, especially with its frequency, though in the end I think personal preference can trump a lot of min/max, fine margin, number crunching for your own play experience.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    If I could do that as Blood with my 2-hander, Theother, I may join you, heh.
    Me too. I've often thought about swapping out my greens for yellow defense and seeing if I could do it. But, and math is not my strong suit, when I calculate it out, I can't quite get to 540. I figure Stoneskin is worth 100 - 115ish defense (about 4 and change to 1, defense to rating right?) I could squeeze out around 80 defense with yellow sockets, but to get the rest of the way, I'd need to remove some JC 51 stam gems, titansteel the cloak, again, and defense the chest, again.

Damn, now you got me thinking; this could turn into an expensive evening. Citidal Enforcer's Claymore with FC would be sweet....

Having threat problems or is this purely a means to increase your tank dps?

+ Reply to Thread