Closed Thread

Thread: Let the QQ... BEGIN!

Let the QQ... BEGIN!

So, my warrior tank hit level 80. I didn't ding heroic crit immune, which made me sad, but I ran H-UK anyways, and the points of defense skill I got from being hit in the face put me over (I'm at 536 now yay, and still have 2 more points of base skill to fill out.)

Anyways, less than an hour at level 80 and I have 536 defense and 24k hp with commanding up. You know, and I know, that this is plenty enough for all the old heroics, but how often are PuGs going to QQ and/or ragequit? Only time will tell. I'm considering it a social experiment, and am going to do as many heroics as I can before spending badges and running reg ToC/ICC5's for gear.

Spec DPS, queue as DPS. Very few groups will let you tank heroics with less than about 26-28K Hp. i just went through this.

Sadly that’s because they are use to raiding tanks and not normal 5 man tanks. Back before all this gear was around 5 man H's starting HP pool was roughly 25k and raid buffed of maybe near 30k depending on your class of tank.

FYI - You might want to let the group know you want to roll on tanking gear.
    Last edited by thecrazyman; 01-20-2010 at 09:09 AM.

Actually, I found that the gear bracket system of the dungeon finder works rather well - with my badly geared lock I get in groups that are similarly badly geared.
    Since I don't like tanks with too low HP, she carries around runescrolls of fortitude, but I've had a few sub-30k tanks, and they do fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

If there's a healer you can pair yourself with, let the dps drop from the group all they like. They're dime-a-dozen (the good ones aren't but you know what I mean).

Quote Originally Posted by Warwench View Post
    Spec DPS, queue as DPS. Very few groups will let you tank heroics with less than about 26-28K Hp. i just went through this.
    This was part of the experiment. I wanted to see how often this actually happened. Turns out... Not all that often.

I did a bunch of heroics today with my barely adequate gear (24k hp WITH commanding, mostly unenchanted blues, 1300 wow-heroes gearscore...) and...

Nothing. No response. No one booted me. No one dropped party. No one commented on my lack of hp. No one QQed. The fail dps who attacked two different targets and pulled threat said nothing (even the couple that died from it.) No compliments. No whining. Nada. No impatience. No gogogogo pull faster. Just smooth runs.

Either my battle group is cooler than everyone elses, or night owls are inherently better/nicer players on average, or maybe I just have strangely good luck with PuGs? I dunno.

i think groups in LFD are becoming more tolerant of "under geared" tanks.
    i was on my tank yesterday and LFD queued me into the FoS-H. i had 6 blues. i told everyone, i was under geared and asked if they want to try.
    they said ok. we cleared FoS-H and PoS-H. no wipes... and now i have 5 blues.

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Martie View Post
    Actually, I found that the gear bracket system of the dungeon finder works rather well - with my badly geared lock I get in groups that are similarly badly geared.
    Since I don't like tanks with too low HP, she carries around runescrolls of fortitude, but I've had a few sub-30k tanks, and they do fine.
    I've found the exact opposite. It seems to like to match better-geared people with lesser-geared people. I wish I had the time to commit to a more objective study.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    This was part of the experiment. I wanted to see how often this actually happened. Turns out... Not all that often.

I did a bunch of heroics today with my barely adequate gear (24k hp WITH commanding, mostly unenchanted blues, 1300 wow-heroes gearscore...) and...

Nothing. No response. No one booted me. No one dropped party. No one commented on my lack of hp. No one QQed. The fail dps who attacked two different targets and pulled threat said nothing (even the couple that died from it.) No compliments. No whining. Nada. No impatience. No gogogogo pull faster. Just smooth runs.

Either my battle group is cooler than everyone elses, or night owls are inherently better/nicer players on average, or maybe I just have strangely good luck with PuGs? I dunno.
    At first I thought you were on my battlegroup .

We have plenty of elitist snobs when it comes to raiding. But when it comes to dungeon finder, healers and tanks are 50-50 alts/offs-spec. So most people seem used to see competent but undergeared players.

Plus with dungeon finder people are discovering how easy it is to carry an undergeared tank/healer.

* Tank can't hold aggro? Plate dps rips aggro and can tank it just fine with a good healer.

* Healer having trouble pushing the hps? Invincible tank needs no heals.

* Healer and tank both suck... if it's a boss he'll be dead before tank cooldowns are over and before the healer ooms.

Of course there are the incompetent players floating around that are just impossible to carry, but I've been pretty lucky (a guildy spent about an hour with the deserter debuff from having a string of bad tanks while he was healing).

I'm one of those alt/off-speccers too btw. I almost always LFD as dps.

QQ threads not appreciated, if you want to vent personal experiences while following our rules, we have a blog system.

Thread closed.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Closed Thread