+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK Blood Tank

DK Blood Tank

Hi guys, I have a problem. This is link to my armory The World of Warcraft Armory - Bosski @ Azuremyst - Profile I'm tank with 36k HP without frost presence and I die on ICC 10 trashes. Pls take a look on my gear and tell me what I must do!

Be more specific with details if you want help. What is your raid make up, how many healers, which trash, which one specifically is killing you, provide a combat log if possible, how much health do you have raid buffed. You logged out in dps gear.

Blood tanking in my opinion sucks, my friend did it for a long time in ICC and wiped constantly. He just now switched to a 2H tanking frost build like me. Who cares about the blood CDs. Frost gives you way more armor and AoE. I don't even know why blood became popular.

Quote Originally Posted by ILCDI View Post
    Blood tanking in my opinion sucks, my friend did it for a long time in ICC and wiped constantly. He just now switched to a 2H tanking frost build like me. Who cares about the blood CDs. Frost gives you way more armor and AoE. I don't even know why blood became popular.
    No. Just no.

It became popular (and still is, by the way) due to having the most stam, will of the necropolis, a primary strike that heals you for a % of your max hp, and a wonderful melee buff: hysteria. I'll concede to you that frost is very viable too, but trashing blood these days is ignorance.

I die on big skeleton on 10 man with 1 druid healer. This skeleton can kill me 2 or 3 hits Please guys, tell me what I should change in my gear to be good tank :P
    Last edited by Bosski; 01-20-2010 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosski View Post
    I die on big skeleton on 10 man with 1 druid healer. This skeleton can kill me 2 or 3 hits Please guys, tell me what I should change in my gear to be good tank :P
    First off the two tanks need to stack for that mob. And you should have 2-3 healers. Also face that mob away from the raid.

Also I think this threat should be in the HALP! forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ILCDI View Post
    I smell a Troll, but I'll bite. Answer me this: what good is all that AoE on a boss fight? Blood has the most useful cooldown on the three trees: Vampiric Blood. It is the most useful because it works against physical and magic damage. The self healing of blood is simply incredible, old content I know but one kill of Vezax I did more healing than both our healers combined. That's not something to dismiss.

I love frost spec, but I use it as my offspec, for heroics and trash pulls so I don't need to think about aggro - just HB the lot. But when it comes to survivability and raid bosses - blood all the way.

I still consider dual wielding frost to be a gimmick, it might be fine for heroics and trash, but you will never have the health pool of using a 2handed weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by vine View Post
    I still consider dual wielding frost to be a gimmick, it might be fine for heroics and trash, but you will never have the health pool of using a 2handed weapon.
    Depends on the weapons being used...
    2 Tank weapons are usually more health than a 2H weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Depends on the weapons being used...
    2 Tank weapons are usually more health than a 2H weapon.
    No.

DW frost would generally use a slow 1h dps weapon main-hand, possibly a tanking weapon in offhand.

Quote Originally Posted by Proletaria View Post
    No.

DW frost would generally use a slow 1h dps weapon main-hand, possibly a tanking weapon in offhand.
    Not always.
    I tank mainly with 2 tank weapons and have yet to have threat issues on single target tanking.

Blood IMO. But To try and help you out....

You need to make sure that you and the OT are stacking in front of the skeleton. It does a cleave that spreads its damage. Using IBF, or VB when you first run into it is not a bad idea, either. Having a rogue find the traps is also a good idea. That way you do not accidentally run into one while you are clearing another mob.

MT/OT
    ^
    BIG SKELETON
    dps

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Not always.
    I tank mainly with 2 tank weapons and have yet to have threat issues on single target tanking.
    Then you have not tanked much.

I could see a medium speed tank weapon getting you by for most content (Quel'Serar 2.0), but the 1.5, 1.6, and 1.7 speed tanking weapons have been proven time and again to be much lower tps due to rune-strike mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Proletaria View Post
    Then you have not tanked much.

I could see a medium speed tank weapon getting you by for most content (Quel'Serar 2.0), but the 1.5, 1.6, and 1.7 speed tanking weapons have been proven time and again to be much lower tps due to rune-strike mechanics.
    I have MT in ToC-25, Onyxia-25, ICC-10.
    Also my current MH is Burnished Quel'Serrar - Item - World of Warcraft with my OH usually being Rimefang's Claw - Item - World of Warcraft though I do have a Nighttime - Item - World of Warcraft that I use once in a while.

BQS may well be slow enough to main-hand, but it is the only tank weapon nearly slow enough for consideration. Frankly I'd use BQS and Ardent Guard if i was really gunning for survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosski View Post
    Hi guys, I have a problem. This is link to my armory The World of Warcraft Armory - Bosski @ Azuremyst - Profile I'm tank with 36k HP without frost presence and I die on ICC 10 trashes. Pls take a look on my gear and tell me what I must do!
    Hi Bosski, as a DK tank it is advisable to rotate your cd for trash. Some trash have a lot of spike magic damage and AMS is very useful. You can use IBF/VB on pull if your healers are asleep. If your healers are used to healing DK, they will know when to put cd like shield and etc on you while tanking trash.

As for Blood vs Frost i think it is too huge a topic to discuss here, in any case there is Dual Spec talent for us to make full use of. If you enjoy tanking and you are always tanking, you can have a spec for aoe trash and a spec for boss.

The fun part of playing a DK tank is that there are many ways to play it, and there are many situational talents which you can use.

BTW frost isn't a gimmick, in some ICC fight frost does produce better threat and survivability. At the end of the day it is a matter of personal preference.
    Last edited by Tank; 01-21-2010 at 11:08 PM.

Stick with blood. Aslong as you pop your CDs and have alteast 2 healers you should be fine, although I would suggest changing your cloak enchant for 225 armor, 30 stam enchant to the shoulders and 18 stam to the gloves (assuming you don't have threat problems). Stamina and mitigation are extremely important and with those changes you are getting just that.
    http://ghoulslair.blogspot.com/ - Death Knight Site
    http://iwindfury.blogspot.com/ - Enhance Shaman Site

+ Reply to Thread