+ Reply to Thread

Thread: adding Tank Off Spec - please review

adding Tank Off Spec - please review

Well, just when I was getting my dps to respectable levels, I have been voted in as off tank for our guild. I have some old school tanking experience, but no 10 man experience and only 1 or two of the current 5 man randoms stuff so I am pretty raw, though I get the premise and have a good understanding of what my job is.

My concerns:

Rotation, is it really as simple as ss, sb, devastate, cd's, etc?

I copied a suggested rotation, one fore aoe and one for single target. from this site the other day and will start practicing it tonight or tomorrow in 5 man randoms with my guildies.

I am an undead warrior and I don't have the casting stuff that other tanks can do, pallys, dk's etc - and I am probably overanalyzing a little bit...

I copied Agg's spec, and hell, I logged with my dps stuff on but I know my def is 544 with def gear on
    hit is only 119
    exp - 11

Other than that is it pretty sraight forward stuff?

what numebrs, if any, am I suppoed to aspire to reach?

Can you link our armory please?

Hit isn't as important as expertise, hit will come with gear. You might have to try a little harder for expertise outside of T9 content. If you can get T9 shoulders, for example, those would be a huge benefit, but idk what you have right now.

And ya, the rotation is pretty easy, especially if you have glyph of devastate, but don't forget heroic strike in there. you need to keep it queued up as much as possible.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Can you link our armory please?

Hit isn't as important as expertise, hit will come with gear. You might have to try a little harder for expertise outside of T9 content. If you can get T9 shoulders, for example, those would be a huge benefit, but idk what you have right now.

And ya, the rotation is pretty easy, especially if you have glyph of devastate, but don't forget heroic strike in there. you need to keep it queued up as much as possible.

Hey thanks - I logged in dps gear so tonight I can update that. My gear is a mix of 245, 232 and a 265 trinket I think (the onyxia one), also 1 or 2 219 pieces. I will link the armory tonight - I know I have to upgrade a couple a pieces still but I think I am good enough to get started at least. Thanks!

Oh, I do have the HS and Devastate glyphs, TC and a few others but they were all recommended through the tank guide.

Side note - soloing as a prot spec is very boring, lol!

oh, the thrown I have in there is left from the dps spec, I forgot to remove it

I'd replace the avoidance trinkets with stamina and/or armor ones, triumph armor trinket and Black Heart from ToC 5man (normal) are two good choices.

+ Reply to Thread