+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enchanting my Weapon

Enchanting my Weapon

I'm currently a Pally Tank, 0/59/12, and I have been using the Enchant Blade Ward (Enchant Weapon - Blade Ward - Spell - World of Warcraft) on my RimeFang's Claw. Although i have noticed the proc chance on the Enchant seems to be quite low, so i have reach a little problem. The proc chance is only around 3.6%, so quite low, so it doesn't seem to help as much as it could.

Is there a better enchant for this? Many people suggest Blood Draining (Enchant Weapon - Blood Draining - Spell - World of Warcraft) However i wasn't sure. It seems as a Tank i don't drop much below 35%, so i can't see a super high stacking of this, although the healing would put less stress on the healers and alot for more healing to be given to MT/OT or Raid.

Any suggestions on a nice Enchant for my weapon would be perfect. My armory is The World of Warcraft Armory - Xerati @ Dethecus - Profile For looks at my Gear and what not.

Thank you for any provided help.

I don't like blade warding too much. A chance to get a chance of something happening?

Blood draining is nice, it's a synergy with ardent defenders damage reduction, making it a wee bit more powerful for us paladins. Other enchants really don't do much for you considering your gear, though you could consider mongoose as an avoidance enchant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

If you want another avoidance enchant, mongoose is excellent.

i like blade ward honestly, on some of those big ICC trash pulls i see mine stack up to 3x which is pretty nice, as it pushes my parry to somewhere around 40%. if you wanted to buy another enchant you might as well just go get another tank weapon from a 5 man and put it on that, then swap em out between boss's and trash.

short answer being- blade ward was made as an enchant aimed for AoE tanking alot of mobs, blood draining is for bosses/single target

Quote Originally Posted by duniank View Post
    i like blade ward honestly, on some of those big ICC trash pulls i see mine stack up to 3x which is pretty nice, as it pushes my parry to somewhere around 40%. if you wanted to buy another enchant you might as well just go get another tank weapon from a 5 man and put it on that, then swap em out between boss's and trash.

short answer being- blade ward was made as an enchant aimed for AoE tanking alot of mobs, blood draining is for bosses/single target
    No. Bladeward, in aoe tanking, will last shorter because there are more attacks to parry and as such dismiss BW. Bladeward's uptime only improves with more outgoing attacks, which is not going to happen as a paladin(and the extra attacks from parryhaste in aoe are offset by the much larger amount of incoming attacks).

+ Reply to Thread