+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T10 HEALING bonuses

T10 HEALING bonuses

I am prepared to get flamed or w/e you call it because this may not be the place to post. I enjoy the forums on this site much more than some of the others...i feel there is less stupidity/trolling...just my opinion. Anyways, I am dropping a line for aliena and some of the advanced healers feedback on the priest t10 bonuses compared to the other classes.
    So I see a lot of very useful t10 healing set bonuses 2piece and 4piece for paladins making spells they often use better. Not forcing playstyle changes. The druid ones are passive and can ONLY benefit. Haven't checked the shammy ones. WTF for the priest ones. I hate making wtf blizz threads (infact i have never made one, I enjoy WoW and i'll play it anyway they they put it out there) but seriously? Sooooo lets take flash heal a spell endgame priests "rarely" use and toy with "rotations" of priests who already have the most tools and take the most playtime experience to play well (which i thoroughly enjoy as opposed to the "spam" style pally healing.) It has just felt to me that set bonuses have been more gimmicky as WoW has progressed with tier gear to the point that I'm honestly not sure if this one makes sense. Disc priests who more or less spam FH will have the 2piece HoT overheal. And the 4piece for holy i think will go wasted more often than not. I'm a little frustrated, but maybe some of you other priests that do endgame raiding are excited about them. Last question is. With the new damage mechanics in ICC with the bosses doign less spike will the "spread out" damage find more uses for flash heal making these bonuses more viable? Let me know what you think.

I find it strange that you don't use flash heal as a holy priest, how do you go about stacking serendipity for a start?

The priest bonuses look pretty interesting to me.

The changes to Tier gear in previous patches has mixed results. Arguably, the most useful set was T8 with bonuses assisting everyone in all areas regardless of spec.

T9 was sketchy purely for the fact it threw a lot of classes (healers included) out of their play style yet it still didn't affect the need for stat bonuses rather than set bonuses.

T10 is following said trend. Sure, people are sketchy with effects the set bonuses bring but ultimately it only makes up half the gear. The stats themselves can also play into a factor in what can ultimately be for their ideal level of end-game.

Being a healer myself (different class but same view), yes it does look screwed in a way but ultimately it's only a bonus. If you did alright without need for a set bonus, then just take it for the stats instead.
    Healing is the source of life. Without it, you're left with death.

Humm... I use Flash and find it useful. Is this wrong?. What ever happens with gear we will all adjust.

However your play style is, gear set bonuses shouldn't dictate your rotations/priority. It should instead compliment.

You're meant to get the job done right and gear assists us in that. That's why it's called gear. Skill is in a different field entirely, but both related.

While I will agree that certain other classes have gotten consistently lucky with their tier bonuses (*cough* druids *cough*), I'm personally very happy with the tier 10 bonuses. Apart from tier 8, these are so far the best healing bonuses this expansion has had in store for us. I sort of wish they'd introduce set bonuses for disc that differ from the set bonuses for holy, cause the specs are so different that it's hard to find effects useful to both at the same time, but... let's have a look here.

33% chance to heal 33% of the healing done by flash heal over 9 seconds. Raid buffed, my fheals heal for about 6500, crits for 9500. So that's a 2100 HoT, with a ~30% chance for a 3100 HoT. That averages out to a ~2400 HoT. Looking at stats from a random 25m heroic northrend beasts, I cast 78 flash heals. (WoW Meter Online - Combatlog Replay for reference)
    1/3rd of 78 = 26 flash heals place a 2400 HoT on my target, that's up to 62400 effective healing added through a 2 piece effect on one fight. That's not really bad at all imho.

As for the 4 piece, flash heal is my filler spell and as such, I use it between CoH casts anyway. Having a chance to reset CoH in the process will be a huge boost to HPS.

There are a lot of set bonuses to complain about, but tier 10 isn't one of them imo.

Although I liked the old bonus (10% healing increase following ps/gs) I also like the new ones even more.

I know a few disc priests who are getting quite excited about both the 2 and 4set bonus, it should equate to a higher uptime of aegis on the tank aswell as a high uptime hot that isn't costing an additional gcd; even if it does equal over-heal because their crits are creating an aegis, its still an additional safety at no extra cost, im sure we will see bosses that eat through tanks shields and into their hp anyway.
    I suppose im sad this will never proc off surge of ligt - but that would probably be hideously overpowered ...Although I wouldn't be overly suprised if we saw some sort of bug where it still procs on a surge that "would have crit".

As for holy, I wouldn't rely on the FH hot-proc, but its deffinatly not to be sniffed at "oh look I accidentaly left a hot on that raider at no extra cost during some waves of aoe damage!"
    Four set can only equate to higher HPS, I expect we will see a lot of aoe damage fights where we get Coh(4setproc+surge proc)->surge-->Coh - which will be a huge amount of raid healing in 3gcd's.

Does anyone know the interal cd on the procs for 4 set yet?

Anyway; this is certainly a (one of the first since tbc) 4set I shall be aiming for asap!
    I think having a passive bonus would be dull anyway

@Aliena - thanks for the WMO log

The Resto Shaman bonuses are shit.

The 2piece gives 20% haste on next spell, which will naturally also get Tidal Waves. So your already capped LHW will get more Haste, or you can get your HW down even faster, but you rarely use it nowadays.

The 4piece bonus gives your crit Chain Heals a HoT for 25% of the healing done over 9s, so your main target who just got a 12k heal will now get a HoT with more Healing over Time than Earthliving or Riptide, and the last person in line (with glyph) will get an amazing 2.6k heal, which means a ticking for about 200.
    Cause you know, someone getting 10k less healing than your main target definately needs a HoT that does 25% of the one the main target gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

A good set bonus is always nice to get, but i never hope for the "OP" bonus that force me to gear and spec a special way because it's the only way to max the performance of my class.

where can i look at the t10 bonuses for disc pr?

Quote Originally Posted by Goomba View Post
    where can i look at the t10 bonuses for disc pr?
    Certain sites such as wowhead or mmo-champion have datamined patches to discover the set bonuses. You might wonna try looking there.

Another way is to just use Google. "Priest tier 10 set bonus" seems to give me some pretty useful links.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

My biggest beef with anything related to healing is RNG, sans mana regen. I don't mind the 2pc because if it happens, its gravy. The 4pc miffs me a bit because I think 3 heals in advance, and having this proc will interrupt that process. I'm sure I'll work it in, I'd just rather have something more reliable.

That being said, its really not all that big a deal. Not being super pumped about a 4pc allows me to be more flexible with gear choices.

so from what i can tell, the 2 piece bonus is a hot from flash crits....kool

and the 4 piece is a 20% chance to reset CD on CoH/Penance when flash heal is cast....ummm....my initial impression is that this isn't worth anything because I've spec'd my penance down to a very short CD anyway....hope the stats are good

wish we could choose set piece bonuses somehow so that it could fit our playstyle instead of stuff that's just not useful....maybe tie set bonus to legendary path features or whatever that new specialization thing is going to be...or start offering more sets that have different bonuses again....anyway....

yeah...nice part is I'll be able to pick up best in slot items instead of looking for a set....i just miss the days pre-bc when sets were friggin amazing with thieir bonuses and it was often worth having the whole set....looked really cool to have folks in matching set pieces running around....just don't see that anymore

Depending on how often the 4 pc procs, and how useful the 2 pc bonus is disc priests might be able to replace the glyph of penance with something else with 4 pc T10.

Just a thought.

oooooo

that's an idea....wonder what else i could put in that slot....good thing I'll have a long time to think about it...lol

Well with only 15% proc chance then will end up being too involved with the current healing, eg. renewing 'renew', PwSing other tanks/players to notice that It is off cooldown.

however the 2pc is alot more useful:
    2-piece: Your Flash Heal critical strikes cause the target to heal for 25% of the healed amount over 9 sec.

how this is working is more what people want to know.

Can this effect go onto a target multiple times (like receiving renew from multiple priests)? Im presumming it doesn't stack upon itself due to it being far to difficult to program to pick up new procs and still removing the old proc after its 9seconds....

Or does it proc and then it just resets when it procs again (like casting renew twice).

The bigger issue with T10 so far is.......

I don't wanna look like a Warlock

Well it would seem somewhat akin to a Sacred-Shield type of HoT.

So one could say it may overwrite, one can speculate that a seperate healing buff from another will be place as well.

Unless Blizz addresses it, it's under the public microscope it seems.

I think the priest T10 set boni are awesome. I could actually see them as talents. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually will become talents. The 2p bonus propably will be pure overheal but the 4p bonus is beyond awesome.

Flash Heal is THE spell for any of the two healing specs. Holy could live without Circle of Healing, Disc could live without Penance but without Flash Heal you would be dead weight.
    Priests don't do "rotations" you use the tool for the job and plan a couple of seconds ahead. People don't have the courtesy to take damage that benefits a "rotation". If I get a Penance/CoH before its CD has come off then I will happily use it. If I need it.

Now T9 gave me nothing substantial(if you do the math). And T7 was a joke for Disc. I have to say I have been quite extatic ever since I saw the new sets.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

Id like to say that the priest bonuses changed a lot since they first appeared, but this is however how they ended up and i still wasn't really convinced about it.

What happens is personally I would have to tweak a bit my stats. I'll explain this here:

Your Flash Heal has a 33% chance to cause the target to heal for 33% of the healed amount over 9 sec.
    - For the 2pc bonus, if you understand your role as a holy priest or raid healer, you try to keep people on healthy amounts of HP but not neccesarily top them off. For example when you get a SoL proc you get your flash heal off on someone that is not topped off and then probably just renew or wait for the rest of the healers to get him topped off. What will happen now is that with that single SoL proc your flash heal has some chance to actually finish off topping that target. Which I think its pretty nice, instead of adding a renew to it, you can just enjoy that extra HoT you got.

Your Circle of Healing and Penance spells have a 20% chance to cause your next Flash Heal cast within 6 sec to reset the cooldown on your Circle of Healing and Penance spells.
    -For the 4PC I can see changing a bit my stats: I do not cast too many Flash Heal. I do use it, when I get a SoL proc. I can see this tierpiece being really good if you get a bit more crit (Im actually at 22% crit 840 haste). You want more crit because you will gain more SoL procs. I see it this way:

-Your Circle of Healing and Penance spells have a 20% chance to cause your next Flash Heal cast within 6 sec to reset the cooldown on your Circle of Healing and Penance

The higher your crit, its more likely to get a SoL proc off your CoH. This means after your CoH you will get an instant FH that can actually reset your CD on CoH.

So im a bit excited of trying out way less haste and more crit. They both complement very well. Getting more crit will personally increase my amount of Flash Heals. And both set bonuses are pretty much based on this spell.
    Last edited by montblanclol; 12-10-2009 at 02:49 AM.

why dont u use Flash heal,
    i play holy priest and i couldnt imagine me not using it, so for me the t10 bonus is ok

+ Reply to Thread