+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Confused

Confused

Hey everyone, I need a little bit of help. I used to be a feral tank back in BC when Kara was a big deal. Since then, I've been playing as a holy priest and lost my skill at a druid tank.

But now that I'm back as a bear and loving it, I keep running into problems. While I tank well, hold aggro, and survive encounters, I often get yelled at for not having enough health, lacking dodge, or not being defense capped (which, if I recall my study right, isn't an issue for druids anymore). I know I'm still under-geared and lack the best enchants/gems that money can buy, but I thought I was doing a darn good job at my... err... job.

Below is my armory, would you guys mind checking it out for me and letting me know what I'm doing wrong? I've been stacking stamina, agility, and whatever spare I have is for dodge. I added a couple bits of defense to shut up one particularly huffy priest, but I don't really feel it helps me at all.

Please keep in mind that I powerleveled this character and am still in the process of updating a few items (the blues).

Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory - Korrigann @ Drenden - Profile

-Edit- I just got Malfurion's Legguards of Conquest - Item - World of Warcraft and gemmed it with (+8 agil and +12 stam) and (+24 stam). Hopefully it updates to reflect that soon.

You are fine...

From a very quick look to your armory you should be quite fine - I assume you are using this tank in heroics?

For heroics you are definitely fine especially if you are doing your job.

I've been tanking heroics for a while now with mine and while I have a bit more stamina that should not be a showstopper by any means.

I've noticed there are two things people check about their tanks in PuGs, though: health and gear score. And that's it. I've put quite a few stam gems in my gear just to make healers' life a bit easier -- and in PuGs healers need to spend time healing the DPS too so a bit extra buffer certainly does not hurt.

If I were you I'd get the Triumph Emblem ring and a new neck piece for some more stamina as a starter. And if you can afford gem a bit more towards stamina. I didn't add your stats up but I'd load up Rawr (rawr.codeplex.com) and check the stats against a lvl 82 boss (I assume that's what you are against). You might make your life a bit easier but moving some of the hit+stam gems to pure stam.

Just my thoughts.

My armory for comparison in case case you are interested: The World of Warcraft Armory - Ciran @ Barthilas - Profile

Thanks for the input.

Yes, I am using this tank in heroics but will be starting some low-end raids soon (Naxx-10, Sarth-10) to help other guild members experience different content. I'm fairly confident that I can tank that with no problems.

I'll work on getting the ring and neck piece and check out Rawr. I used it a long time ago but could never figure it out. Guess I've got some homework to do! As for the gems, I'll try some pure stamina instead of the hit+stamina to see if that helps out any.

I'm just getting so sick of hearing PUG members complain about my gear or health...
    Although it is such a satisfying feeling to get through the entire instance with no deaths and the healer staying at a near full mana the whole time. There's nothing sweeter than rubbing it in their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Korrigann View Post
    I'm just getting so sick of hearing PUG members complain about my gear or health...
    Although it is such a satisfying feeling to get through the entire instance with no deaths and the healer staying at a near full mana the whole time. There's nothing sweeter than rubbing it in their faces.
    Make sure you are in bear form most of the time. I would suspect there are tons of players who havent figured out that bear tanks only have the massive amount of hp they do when in bear form. And for not beeing defense capped... well not sure what to say to those ppl.

If any healer is asking you if you defense cap, you may be better off not running with them.

When folks started doing heroics back when wotlk was released they were tanked with far worse gear and FAR fewer HP than you have. There are are ofc upgrades you can get, but it looks like you already know the resources to use to find those.

GL to you, don't let the folks spoiled by easy mode heroics stomp on your bear fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrikL View Post
    Make sure you are in bear form most of the time.
    You mean druids have to tank in Bear form? That's what I've been doing wrong...

Get the items below and you will have over 100 more stamina

Head: Arcanum of the Savage Gladiator - Item - World of Warcraft

Legs: Jormungar Leg Reinforcements - Spell - World of Warcraft

Shoulder: Get the PvP shoulder enchant that is +30 stam

+ Reply to Thread