+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 100 Heroics and un-Random Dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    XT 3 times, followed by Anub'rekhan, followed by XT again, followed by Anub'rekhan, and this week, it's Jaraxxus.

lol?
    XT, Ignis, Flame Lev, Anub'rekhan, Ignis, Razorscale, XT

On the plus side, we just keep extending our Ulduar lockout. The sad part is after this week all 4 of the Ulduar randoms are down, so we'll have to kill Flame Lev next time it's an Ulduar boss.

I guess since you get XT so much, I have to ask you - Are you ready to play?

"loose" gear checks..they have to be extremely loose.

I have a 5.1k GS tank who's gotten groups who are all under 3k GS.

I have a shammie that just hit 80 on thursday, barely had any gear to speak of, getting tanks that put mine to shame.

The only instance I've seen those far that the gear scores have been pretty consistent on has been H-HOR, and then only since they adjusted the requirements.

My priest(mostly 245s and IC10 gear) was grouped with a bear in quest blues and some craftables.
    They do match you equally to your gear...if they can. Given a tank shortage I wouldn't count on it. And I guess this is a fair queue meaning that the longer you wait the likelier you will get placed into a PUG. So one thing will have to give, gear matching and non-overgeared players entering a dungeon. Which is perfectly ok in my book.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

I think definitely the "randomness" of the dungeon is impacted by the number of people queuing for that specific dungeon.

I think it'd be fun to get a large number of tanks and they ALL queue for joining Occulus. Then you just sit back and watch all the complaints on the realm & Battlegroup forums about "WTH? Occulus 5 times in a ROW?!?!"

Maybe it's just me, but that makes me laugh.

(original thought was just have everyone in guild all join for Occulus one night, but that'd probably end up with just all the guildies going to Occulus together.)

To those of you contemplating the gear matching in place: Have you given thought to the possibility that the algorithm might not attempt to match you to equally-geared characters, but rather to even out the overall gear level?

Looking at it from a developer's point of view, I could easily see them try to do that in an attempt to reduce group failures to a minimum - in a well-balanced group, there's always somebody who can carry the rest through.

Quote Originally Posted by Khordam View Post
    To those of you contemplating the gear matching in place: Have you given thought to the possibility that the algorithm might not attempt to match you to equally-geared characters, but rather to even out the overall gear level?

Looking at it from a developer's point of view, I could easily see them try to do that in an attempt to reduce group failures to a minimum - in a well-balanced group, there's always somebody who can carry the rest through.
    It certainly looks this way, to me. In a given group, I've noticed a pretty even distribution, in terms of gear score. It doesn't always work out, though, due to the imbalance of tank/healer numbers. None of this is quantitative, but, for instance, yesterday I was grouped with a pally tank who was doiing 3k+ average dps, in DTK! On the other end of the dps, was a lock, doing 1.8k...don't see that, very often! Usually, I will see the opposite.

What perplexed me even more, was that everyone else seemed to really like this setup. They were asking the tank, if he wanted to keep goiing...I was actually rather put off by the trivial nature of the run, and I'm still trying to figure out why the guy is even doing them. Certainly, not for the badges! It felt like a run through Stockades, as an 80...
    -"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    It certainly looks this way, to me. In a given group, I've noticed a pretty even distribution, in terms of gear score. It doesn't always work out, though, due to the imbalance of tank/healer numbers. None of this is quantitative, but, for instance, yesterday I was grouped with a pally tank who was doiing 3k+ average dps, in DTK! On the other end of the dps, was a lock, doing 1.8k...don't see that, very often! Usually, I will see the opposite.

What perplexed me even more, was that everyone else seemed to really like this setup. They were asking the tank, if he wanted to keep goiing...I was actually rather put off by the trivial nature of the run, and I'm still trying to figure out why the guy is even doing them. Certainly, not for the badges! It felt like a run through Stockades, as an 80...
    As a paladin tank, my gear isn't that awesome, school and work getting in the way of guild raid times too often, but I regularly finish DTK with 2900 dps (haven't broken 3k yet). Part of it is that there's quite a few big groups and I use glyph of hammer of the righteous for heroics, (keep aggro from those pesky fury warriors). If the healer and dps are decent, I'll pull the entire room before the first boss and enjoy my 6k+ dps on that group, lol.

+ Reply to Thread