+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Combat help! Pls!!!

Combat help! Pls!!!

Ok, so I pull up to 5.5k on single boss fights, which usually has me in the top 5 or so, but I know I can do better. Please look me up, as I am computer-dumb and can't post a link. Desmonae on Firetree Server... I know I am gemmed wrong, but there are so many different threads on gemming idk what to do. I have mut as off spec but have not tried it yet. should I just go mut and stat for that? Anyway, until I do are there any Combat rogues out there who can throw some advice my way? I appreciate it, and I take criticism well. I've seen advice for ppl saying to use a spreadsheet for stats... what does that mean exactly? I can create spreadsheets in a blink of an eye, but I have no idea what to put into it. lol Is it for calculating how much agi and arp I need? I know the hit cap is 315 for specials now, so what do I need to replace, and with what? Thanks! :-P my current rotation is as follows: Sinstrk to 2 or 3 pts, Snd, 5pts, rupture, 5pts, Evic. keep up Snd and rupture, then evic when possible. That's on boss fights, I stack less points on trash mobs because they go down so fast. I use rush, spree, and trinkets as needed, and on boss burns.
    Last edited by Desmonae; 01-18-2010 at 03:43 PM.

First, free armory link for you: Armory Lite - The WoW Armory Alternative: Desmonae of Firetree

You're extremely over the expertise cap (9.25%) when you only need 6.5% for cap, any extra points over that are wasted as the mob cannot parry from behind (and you gear expertise to get dodges to 0).

Some of the socket bonuses you gem for are not worth it (the crit/stam gem in your chest). Also, don't mix weapons if you're combat...Axe/Dagger combo is a loss of dps compared to just staying with the spec you're talented for. (In this case Fist/Dagger)

I'd suggest using a spreadsheet to help your gem/enchanting choices and there are many you can try. Rawr: http://www.codeplex.com/Rawr is a very user-friendly visual spreadsheet, where the basic Excel spreadsheets are somewhat less welcoming to new/unexperienced users.

ShadowPanther.net Also hosts everything you'll ever need to know about rogues. Good luck with your character.
    Last edited by GŁth; 01-18-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Added link to Rawr.

Thank you! thank you! thank you!!!! I'm going to that spreadsheet link right now! Woot! u rock! The axe was just such a big upgrade from my old fist weapon... My dps went way up when I equipped that. I will replace it asap!

+ Reply to Thread