+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK Tank looking for advice.

DK Tank looking for advice.

Hi, well I would need some advice concerning my gear and spec, I also have a few questions for the end.

Armory link : The World of Warcraft Armory - Aeonight @ Lightning's Blade - Profile

Gear :

What gear should I change first ?

My ick's rotting thumb trinket, should I change it to a 170+ Stamina trinket (iLvl 200) or for the iLvl 245 trinket obtainable from Emblems of Triumph ?

Spec :

I'm very familiar with my blood spec and tank ICC25 with it and such, but it feels quite squishy, should I change it ?

Also, is it possible to have an unholy blood spec for tanking where the ghoul also tanks 1 mob away from the ones you're tanking ?

What would be best spec compared to my gear ?

Thanks in advance !

Okay first off get rid of the pos shield tank helm and get Faceplate of the Honorbound - Item - World of Warcraft for 75 Emblems of Triumph.

If you are going to socket for Avoidance, Socket Defense or Dodge, never Parry.

Enchant your Shoulders, either the PvP Stamina enchant from the honor vendors or the Tank enchants from Hodir rep.
    Get the Armor enchant for your Cloak.
    For your gloves I recommend the Expertise Enchant (or the Stamina or Armor kits), and either pure Expertise or a Expertise/Stamina gem.
    Enchant Boots with Tuskarr's or pure Stamina.

Get Glyph of Indomitability - Item - World of Warcraft and use it instead of the thumb. Or use a Brewfest trinket or the Black Heart until you get the Glyph.

However your first priority is to change out that helm.

As to blood feeling squishy that is the nature of a blood tank from what I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Okay first off get rid of the pos shield tank helm and get Faceplate of the Honorbound - Item - World of Warcraft for 75 Emblems of Triumph.
    Yes, aside from the shield block on your helm, the helm linked above also has expertise, which you need.

If you are going to socket for Avoidance, Socket Defense or Dodge, never Parry.
    Or better yet just socket for stamina. If you want a red gem, use expertise or dodge, and for yellow use hit/stam (he's already way over defense cap)

Enchant your Shoulders, either the PvP Stamina enchant from the honor vendors or the Tank enchants from Hodir rep.
    Get the Armor enchant for your Cloak.
    For your gloves I recommend the Expertise Enchant (or the Stamina or Armor kits), and either pure Expertise or a Expertise/Stamina gem.
    Enchant Boots with Tuskarr's or pure Stamina.
    Hands - Armsman enchant is pretty good too. Although 18 stam or 240 armor is not bad (wouldn't advise expertise, he's close to expertise cap of 26 if he gets the triumph emblem helm)

Get Glyph of Indomitability - Item - World of Warcraft and use it instead of the thumb. Or use a Brewfest trinket or the Black Heart until you get the Glyph.

However your first priority is to change out that helm.

As to blood feeling squishy that is the nature of a blood tank from what I have heard.
    Blood does take more damage, but it shouldn't be as apparent because you are also healing more. Weave in more deathstrikes and less heart strikes if you need extra healing.

Thanks for the quick responses !

Ok, I'm changing the helm now, got the glyph already.

I know some of these things have already been mentioned but:

- Do WG and/or heroics a bit more often so you can buy some proper gems (you have nice gear so no need to put anything other than epic gems in them).

- Enchant all your gear. Might not make all the difference in the world but there is nothing that gives a worse first impression than running around with empty gem slots and no enchants.

- Consider gemming more for stam and less for avoidance. I feel its rarely the case of our lovely healers running out of mana as often as its the case of tanks getting two big hits before we get healed. Give your healers a bit more margin by focusing more on stam or armor (often argued over ofc but this is how I feel).

I just ran ToC25 and got a trophy, should I get the 75 emblem helm or the trophy + tier 9 helm ?

The Non-Tier Helm, because of all the nice juicy Expertise on it.
    The Tier Helm has Hit Rating but that can be found elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    The Non-Tier Helm, because of all the nice juicy Expertise on it.
    The Tier Helm has Hit Rating but that can be found elsewhere.
    Ok !

What should I get with trophy though ?

Legs, Gloves or Chest.
    Though you might want to skip getting the chest and try for Hauberk of the Towering Monstrosity - Item - World of Warcraft if you are a tank for ToC 25.
    And looking at the ToC 25 drops, Gloves would probably be your best bet.
    Off-hand I didn't see a tank glove drop. But there are expertise tank legs that drop.

I got the helm now !
    Working on getting the sons of hodir enchant and legs / gloves with trophy, thanks selene ^^.

I hate doing gloves and legs, I always try getting those in VoA.

Shouders or chest for the trophy.

OK I worked my reputation up to Exalted with sons of hodir for the shoulder enchants ^^.

Also got the helm.

+ Reply to Thread