+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior with a Pally Question

Warrior with a Pally Question

The other day after going through HoR for the 12th time the shield I wanted in there finally dropped. The pally in this group needed it as well as I.

This shield has no mana, spell power on it. It looks to me to be purely a warrior tanking shield. Needless to say because I had done this 12 times and just seen mail an leather gloves, this first time on it I lost the need roll.

Boy I was pissed. I was in the instance on the finder AS the tank (had the tiny symbol) had more health than he. And left.

6 more tries, 6 more gloves.

Do pallies really need shields without mana/spell power? I really don't have a clue. Did I have a right to be pissed off as hell?

Paladins and warriors use the exact same gear. (If they are both protection, that is.)

But you had every right to be pissed. Rolling offspec without saying something about it is not something to be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

As Martie said, Shield Bearing tanks are using the same gear.
    But yeah I'd be mad if an offspec rolled on my goods without saying anything.
    The most stressful, yet provides the most gratification..
    Tanking <3

Thank you. I was not sure how high in value a pally would put on gear that had no spell power on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joowa View Post
    Thank you. I was not sure how high in value a pally would put on gear that had no spell power on it.
    Spell Power shields are for Holy Paladins (i.e. Healers).

And I feel your pain regarding the paladin basically stealing your drop.
    I was in a H ToC pug, everyone else was from the same server and guild.
    DPS shoulders dropped, the Tank who had ICC gear, needed on the shoulders which my Pally needed badly and was in there as dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Joowa View Post
    While I'm glad you have people to sympathize with you on having a douchebag ninja your shield, I can't help but notice...

Did you not read the comments posted?

Prot Paladins do not use shields with spellpower/int/mp5/etc.
    Prot Paladins use the exact same shield as warrior tanks.
    Prot Paladins can and do roll on your shields in raids.

The faster you understand this, the more prepared you will be for such shenanigans.

As a side,

I had a person who is part of a loose alliance we have on our server ask for healers for HoR reg to get the shield. Being a paladin who needs a better shield, I offered to heal on my enh/resto shaman. We zone in, whereby I immediately announce to the party:

"Do not pull, I'm switching specs"

And then switch to resto, draining my mana. And lo and behold, a douchebag warrior triggers the event.

Being a competent healer, I managed to save the crew, although more than a few times I was tempted to withhold healing on the warrior. After we down both the first bosses, the shield fails to drop, and the warrior asks "Guys please replace me" and then leaves. Anybody want to take a guess why this DPS warrior was leaving?

Moral of the story: If you are farming the shield, take DKs and other non-plate DPS. The LFG is full of douchebags.

+ Reply to Thread