+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The right way to follow??

The right way to follow??

Hello! I need help with some doubts i have. I´d been said that if i wanted to tank ICC i needed to have, at least, 60% of avoidance without buffs. They gave me a formula to calculate it and, right now, i have 61,18% but i have to use two trinkets of dodge (the one you get from ignis and the one you get from the pit of saron) and several mixed gems to get that number and I've lost a lot of health points doing these changes. Should i do this? I mean, should i go for stamina or for avoidance? what trinkets you recommend me? Mainly i'll be the main tank so i'd like to have the right stats. I also have 26 of expertise, wich is fine,i think, and 160 of hit, a bit low but ok, more or less. I've read many posts but i don't know what to do. Thanks.

Go with stamina. There's no magical "must have 60% avoidance to enter ICC." In fact, my unbuffed going in is 58.5%, and I do just fine. Don't worry about your hit or expertise or avoidance stats. Just keep stacking stamina and armor.

Reev is correct.

Post up a link to your armory if you want a more thorough assessment of your gear/spec.

The World of Warcraft Armory - Ordor @ Shen'dralar - Profile

I think this is it. I searched both US and EU armories and this is the only 80 warrior by that name. Fits the description as well.

If that's the case, someone's made a fool of you. Kill all of those red gems, replace with stamina (save for 1 purple to get the meta bonus of the austere earthsiege (stamina and 2% armor)). Pick up Black Heart and Glyph of Indom. Enchant for stam/HP/armor where applicable.

You're not using all 3 dragon's eyes or both extra sockets, why? Spec is a little whack too. I'd suggest 15/3/53 or an improved shout spec.
    Last edited by Dreadski; 01-18-2010 at 08:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

If that is you, you could gain 2k+ health from regemming/reenchanting. If you get Black heart and the frost badge trinket, thats another 3.5k+ additional health. So your 33 and change, just became almost 39k unbuffed. Trust me, thats better.

For your spec I'd go with 15/5/51 or 15/3/53 depending on the flavor of your koolaid, or 5/15/51 for survivability. Get glyphs to match which ever spec you go with. Plenty of threads on this site with those builds in them, so just do a search.

Thanks a lot for all your answers. I've put stamina in all the blue sockets and i have the trinket (the black heart). That puts me in 35500 of health, 2.5k more than before. What gems should i put in the yellow socket? Do i try to get the bonus?
    -I've also seen some different builds, but i don't know what i should use. I mean, threat and survivality can be used as a main tank?
    -Do i put the hp enchant in the chest or do i keep the +10stats?
    -The last one, armor in the cloth?
    Thanks for everything

Put stamina in the yellow sockets as well. And in the red sockets. You should only need 1 purple gem to activate the meta bonus, and everything else should be straight stamina. For your one purple, Stam/Dodge is your best survival choice, but stam/expertise is acceptable too if you're below the soft cap (26). If it takes only one non-stam gem to make a socket bonus, and the bonus is 9 stam or more, you can use a Stam/Dodge or a Stam/Defense gem to match the colors.

HP enchant on the chest is generally better that 10 to stats, but 10 stats isn't completely horrible.

I have no idea what your last question means. Armor in the cloth?

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    I have no idea what your last question means. Armor in the cloth?
    I believe that's orcish for "armor enchant in cloak?"
    If, then yes you should put armor enchant in your cloak.
    As previous posters have said gemming pure avoidance is generally bad idea, if you want socket bonusses go with def+stamina in yellow, dodge+stamina/expertise+stamina in red and obvious pure stamina in blue/prismatics.

Thanks a lot people . You're right, i wanted to say that. I´m so sorry for my English. I'm Spanish and i'm sure you know at this point, my English is not very good . Anyway, after a few changes, my health is 36400 unbuffed and the % of avoidance is 57,84%. I've tried to keep some of the bonus but when the bonus is only +6 sta i've put a blue one of +30 sta. What i've done is ok? But i have a doubt with the builds. What should i use to go to ICC? Survivability (5/10/56) or threat (15/5/51)? Both can be used as main tank? Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Ordor View Post
    Thanks a lot people . You're right, i wanted to say that. I´m so sorry for my English. I'm Spanish and i'm sure you know at this point, my English is not very good . Anyway, after a few changes, my health is 36400 unbuffed and the % of avoidance is 57,84%. I've tried to keep some of the bonus but when the bonus is only +6 sta i've put a blue one of +30 sta. What i've done is ok? But i have a doubt with the builds. What should i use to go to ICC? Survivability (5/10/56) or threat (15/5/51)? Both can be used as main tank? Thank you very much
    Puedo entender español, si te quieres pedir algo en tu idioma natural. Pienso que el spec mejor para la mayoría de los tanks es 15/3/53.

+ Reply to Thread