+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How important is making the soft cap for expertise?

How important is making the soft cap for expertise?

I am just wondering how important is the soft cap for expertise and if I should upgrade my shoulders to the 245 badge ones even if it will put me under the cap.
    The World of Warcraft Armory - Borstad @ Mannoroth - Profile
    The new shoulders will give me about +50 strength, so I think that should balance out the 43 lost expertise, assuming I gem the same.

well, from a threat PoV you'll be increasing your chance to hit by like 12%, being the strongest threat stat till the soft cap is reached(and still maintaining a high position afterwards).

It's basically a stat that is easy to reach past the 226~ gear levels, and is very, very powerful.

It's only important if threat is an issue. You will probably end up with another +expertise piece soon if you continue raiding. The 245 shoulders would be a quite nice survival buff.

If your current raiding situation has your DPS pushing your threat, you might want to watch it.

Are you having trouble losing aggro? If so, check your rotation. Is it correct? If so, get yourself some expertise.

If you are not having trouble with aggro, don't worry about it. Parry hasting does happen, but it's not a grave enough problem to concern yourself with gearing for it.

Ya, I am not having any problems with threat, even through I tank for people who's gearscore exceeds mine by at least 400. Thanks for the tips.

+ Reply to Thread