+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shadowstorm Damage Resistance

Shadowstorm Damage Resistance

I've googled, but I can't seem to find a definitive source for this. Much of the damage in the Plagueworks wing of ICC is classed as Shadowstorm, a combination of shadow and nature damage. How does resistance gear work against this class of damage. Is it:

a) The sum of Shadow resist + Nature resist is used
    b) Shadow or Nature resist is used to calculate resistance, whichever value is higher
    c) The average of Shadow resist and Nature resist is used
    d) Shadow or Nature resist is used to calculate resistance, whichever value is lower

I've certainly seen it speculated that it's A, but I can't find any specific statement or testing to confirm.
    Last edited by swelt; 01-17-2010 at 07:24 AM.

If it is any like Frostfire damage; The lower of the 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Protection Warrior Spreadsheet

I best add an option D to the OP then. Do you have a source for the frostfire resist mechanics?

Quote Originally Posted by swelt View Post
    I best add an option D to the OP then. Do you have a source for the frostfire resist mechanics?
    It says it works that way in the frostfire bolt tooltip.

There could also be an option "e", shadowstorm damage resisted is not increased by shadow or nature resistance.

Although that's possible, I've seen shadowstorm damage getting resisted quite a lot (running with both shadow and nature up), which I don't think you'd get in that case.

Mimiron's spellfire damage and Anub's freezing slash are both examples of mixed school abilities that don't benefit from resistances based on one "half" of the spell. I've seen spellfire damage partially resisted, but this is due to base resists or "all school" resistances like MoTW, not fire resist. I may be 100% wrong, but it is a possibilty.

+ Reply to Thread