Closed Thread

Thread: Ardent Defender procs when the tank is stunned?

Ardent Defender procs when the tank is stunned?

Tonight again the last guy in Utgarde Pinacle, when he stuns and runs to one of the things.. the Pally tank i was healing (Pallyhealer) got stunned with ne of them shimmering circle things right next to him, i was stunned too, couldnt heal.. it took him all the way down and then proc'd AD and he was back to 30%.

save us from a wipe.

how many other classes oh crap buttons work automagically even when stunned ?

Well, as it's not really so much a "button" as a passive ability, why wouldn't it :x? It's not like he cast a spell or anything whilst in the stun.

It's saved quite a few raid wipes for our guild in similar fashion.

<insert two dozen personal anecdotes about AD>

But, as we've all been aware since 3.2 (and through subsequent changes to the talent) the present Ardent Defender is an OP EH buff. The proc is just icing on the cake. Very, very bitter icing for those of us who have to tank along side paladins who refer to it as "skill" and frequently remind us (me - and to be fair, in jest) to "push the cooldown buttonz harder, lawl."

Sigh, didn't want to feed another rant thread, but this topic is like cat-nip.

Btw, you can thank the DKs for that ability. Yes, I am still bitter that Pally's got a buffed version of WotN....

Quote Originally Posted by Djtk View Post
    Btw, you can thank the DKs for that ability. Yes, I am still bitter that Pally's got a buffed version of WotN....
    Actually wotn was modeled after AD and not the other way around. We just got the second generation version of it and it happened that blizzard (for reasons totally beyond my comprehension) thought that paladins would need it and we should get ours drastically tuned down.

Oh....well then....even still, its way buffed than it should be. I only wish the DK version was that buffed >.>.

Quote Originally Posted by Proletaria View Post
    Sigh, didn't want to feed another rant thread, but this topic is like cat-nip.
    Which is exactly why I'm closing the thread.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Closed Thread