Baud AFK Reporter (PVP)
    AutoGrats
    AutoRepair
    Auctioneer
    Atlas
    NPC Scan
    Addon control panel
    Last edited by Microadin; 01-16-2010 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Updated Pic

You have obviously spent a lot of time customising it which is great, but you seem to have a lot of redundant information, as well as poor use of space. For example:

There's no need to show party frames as well as raid frames, you're just losing screen space. By better organising the elements you could completely delete the side bar, again freeing up a lot of space.

Player unitframe and Target unitframe should be much easier to see, perhaps larger? If you change xperl to display a flat texture on the bars and frames you will cut down on a lot of eye strain. Busy textures mean more information to process, when all you really want is to see how much health someone has.

Overall you don't seem to have a clear priority on your elements: you lack a cohesive visual hierarchy. When I was designing my UI I stripped everything out and asked myself "what information is most important to see as a tank". For me that answer was target, target-target, buffs/debuffs, boss timers, mitigation cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by vine View Post
    You have obviously spent a lot of time customising it which is great, but you seem to have a lot of redundant information, as well as poor use of space. For example:

There's no need to show party frames as well as raid frames, you're just losing screen space. By better organising the elements you could completely delete the side bar, again freeing up a lot of space.

Player unitframe and Target unitframe should be much easier to see, perhaps larger? If you change xperl to display a flat texture on the bars and frames you will cut down on a lot of eye strain. Busy textures mean more information to process, when all you really want is to see how much health someone has.

Overall you don't seem to have a clear priority on your elements: you lack a cohesive visual hierarchy. When I was designing my UI I stripped everything out and asked myself "what information is most important to see as a tank". For me that answer was target, target-target, buffs/debuffs, boss timers, mitigation cooldowns.
    yeah, looking at it i agree my self. I'll have a bit of a play around and see what i come up with

+ Reply to Thread