+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DK Tanking questions

Well now there's conflicting information, because someone else on here, stated that on EJ, the threat from DRW was not transferred.

If threat IS transferred, then I am a happy claim. If it isn't, then I just go back to my normal thought of it.

Ok, so in Recount, DRW shows up under its own table. When I go on a target dummy, it shows up underneath my name with its own damage. Gonna be having someone come in and join me in a party so Omen actually activates properly.
    Last edited by Djtk; 01-17-2010 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kariel View Post
    It was not disproven on EJ. As I stated, prior to 3.3.0 it generated 1 point of threat per swing/ability. It now (post 3.3.0) transfers 100% of the threat it generates, which can be substantial.
    I have seen several people state that yet not one has thrown up anything to prove it.

I looked over on the EJ form and I found 1 post that stated that it does not generate threat for the DK. I also did some testing myself and I didn't see any additional threat generated, at least none that I could actually see. Then again, Omen doesn't really show if a pet generates threat for its owner and I don't believe pets do.

DRW, like the ghoul, and the garg, do not transfer threat to their owner.

Does that also hold true for Army?

Quote Originally Posted by Djtk View Post
    Does that also hold true for Army?
    Yes, although they will taunt anything that is possible to taunt, they aren't generating any threat for you either.

@Kariel: Nothing that major that would affect both tanking and dps blood Death Knights would be put into the game without mentioning it in a blue or patch notes. Just because Omen shows you it doesn't make it right. I would recommend checking your version of omen or making sure you have pets separate in the threat options.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfists View Post
    @Kariel: Nothing that major that would affect both tanking and dps blood Death Knights would be put into the game without mentioning it in a blue or patch notes. Just because Omen shows you it doesn't make it right. I would recommend checking your version of omen or making sure you have pets separate in the threat options.
    These things happen in the production cycle of games. Patch 3.3.0 was the largest patch Blizzard has put out to date. Things slip through the cracks. My Omen is up to date and telling me that DRW is now transferring 100% of the threat that DRW generates to me (which it was not doing prior to 3.3.0). Not sure what you want me to do to prove it. I guess you could try spending the 50g on a respec and trying it for yourself. It's not that hard to corroborate and would probably be an immense help to a lot of death knights.

P.S. FWIW, Omen jacks its data directly from the WoW threat API. It will, in fact, be correct pretty much 100% of the time. If Omen is telling me that DRW is behaving differently then DRW is behaving differently.

Can you SS that to show Kariel?

Quote Originally Posted by Djtk View Post
    Can you SS that to show Kariel?
    This is me standing there doing nothing while my pet auto-attacks for the duration. 4.3k threat generated passively.

I'm going to have to guess that is the threat of your pet, unless you have un-merged pet and owner. In that case, i'm baffled.

Quote Originally Posted by Proletaria View Post
    I'm going to have to guess that is the threat of your pet, unless you have un-merged pet and owner. In that case, i'm baffled.
    Negative. Pet lists as its own threat in my setup. Nothing really to be baffled about. As I stated, DRW now transfers 100% of its threat to the owner, including all specials used by the owner that it is able to also cast.

Here's a snap of what Omen looks like with a pet that generates its own threat. As you can see the pet has its own row.

What is that giant red armor button in the middle of your screen?

I guess the question then becomes: is drw worth more tps over time than points spent elsewhere, like necrosis. If not, is the burst threat worth it, and can you regularly afford the 60rp cost to summon it while tanking (and having rune-strikes eat most of your rp)?

If you build it correctly, you can generate enough Runic Power to summon DRW and still be able to get off Rune Strike. If you summon it at 100 RP, then you're down to 40, which is enough for 2 Rune Strikes. By that time, you're doing other stuff to keep the RP generated. Knowing this though, I wonder if I should replace Glyph of Disease with Glyph of DRW for the increased duration.

+ Reply to Thread