+ Reply to Thread

Thread: intervene ?

intervene ?

so sadly i never use intervene cause i dont completly understand it. my question is, say im in a fight and i notice my heals being hit (melee of course) and i want to intervene that do i need to target my heals and then intervene? can i set focus on heals for the whole run and my intervene will go there without having to target. i need to learn this and practice so thx for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Sothis View Post
    say im in a fight and i notice my heals being hit (melee of course) and i want to intervene that do i need to target my heals and then intervene?
    Yes. Think of it as a Charge that works on a friendly target, with the added effect of 'stealing' the next melee attack made on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sothis View Post
    can i set focus on heals for the whole run and my intervene will go there without having to target
    No, not by default. I do believe, however, if you use it with an enemy target that has somebody in your party targeted, it will try to intervene the targeted person. I'm not 100% on that though so best check it out. you could use the following macro to Intervene your focus no matter what:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus, help][] Intervene
    If you do not have a focus, it should work as normal.

#showtooltip Intervene
    /cast [target=Player'sName] Intervene

works as well if you want to intervene to a specific person and still focus something else.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

cool thanks, i think im going to go the macro way just seems easier to set focus rather than worry about targeting. thanks again

Or:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover][] Intervene
    Will try to Intervene any Unitframe or character you hover your mouse pointer over when you press the key. Works well for some people.

I use the macro:

/cast [harm] Charge; [help] Intervene

I found myself using Intervene much more often once I started using that macro. Previously I used a macro to intervene my focus target, but I just never seemed to use it very often. I actually use the ability far more for moving quickly around a room than to actually "save" someone. If I'm pulling mobs a long distance or kiting, I'll intervene a party member to get a little distance from the mob (Deformed Fanatics on deathwhisper). I'll also use it to get some sunders on Deathwhisper between waves and it lets me save charge/intercept for mobs when they spawn. It's also great for things like getting onto a frost mound (Hodir).

On the other hand, if you see a mob beating on your healer, all you need to do is target that mob and hit intervene. You automatically intervene the target of your current target.

The only time you need a macro for intervene is when you want to set it to intervene a specific person or mouseover etc.

In general, you do not need any macros to use intervene properly.

Ranged taunt has dramatically reduced the need to intervene very often but it still is very usefull to save a heals or DPS at times. Definitely usefull for making quick escapes and do not forget the threat 10% threat reduction. Back in the day when Malygos was tricky, intervening the warlocks who were creeping up on the threat meter was very handy.

i dont think ive ever needed this or used. and old guild i used to be in used it during naxx when fighting anub. when theyd kite him to the other side, the tank would intervene to a ranged, but that was it.

Back in the day when Malygos was tricky, intervening the warlocks who were creeping up on the threat meter was very handy.
    this sounds like a bad idea to me, cause then you have malygos pointed towards everyone instead of away.

You can intervene just before a vortex, works very well. Or if you are off tank in 25 man.

The problem I have with Intervene are its range restrictions. People are either too far away or too close if I want to use it for the life saving aspect. It's perfectly nice if all you want to do is zoom around like a armor plated tazmanian devil.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

Since this is turning into a 'useful things to do with intervene':

Intervene people on Low HP on faction Champs, you never know, you might take the blow that would've killed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Raysere View Post
    Since this is turning into a 'useful things to do with intervene':

Intervene people on Low HP on faction Champs, you never know, you might take the blow that would've killed them.
    "Target out of range."
    "Target too close."
    "Taget is dead."

But especially on faction champions this should be a godsend. I read somewhere that the melee mobs have a higher priority for players with low health. I've read about a strat where tanks are kept at low health all the time.
    Never did faction champs/25 in hard mode.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

As others have said I rarely (if ever) use it for the mitigation of a party member feature, since a distance taunt is much more effective for this.

It's fun to charge a mob, intervene a party member and intercept another party member as fast as you can, though.

Intervene is really useful for "getting away" also.

I used it a lot when i was tanking in Ulduar on iron council say when you needed to get out of an aoe attack, i would use intervene to charge towards my healer.. then i can re-charge the mob after the aoe.
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

I use it as dps, although it's very uncommon for me to do. If my other two charges are at CD, pop in defensive stance, intervene, back to battle

I'm a bit of a bar minimalist in that I only want 2 action bars on my screen, so I make use of Clique for Intervene/Vigilance. Shift-Click on a party member intervenes to them, it's pretty handy. Yeah it might be overkill for only 2 abilities for click casting, but sure makes my life a lot easier in regards to bar space.

I also have hotkeyed a few abilities on a hidden bar like charge/intercept/heroic throw/ranged and a few others.

I also use it from time to time as OT as a reaction to a spike on the MT. Gives the healers a little more time to react and fills up my rage bar in the process.

If you hit intervene, while the target of your target has changed, you'll automatically intervene said target. So if you're dps'ing 1 add, and you see that add change to your squishy, you can just simply go defensive, and hit intervene and it'll automatically vene him. If you have more than 1 add though and you need to do it on an add you're not currently targetting, yes you'll need some way of targeting the attackee (focus/mouseover/click/F# button) and hitting vene.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Faction Champions in ToGC25 I used spec'd safeguard to insure we kept as many attempts available as possible. I just intervened the person getting bursted and they really bit the bucket.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

+ Reply to Thread