+ Reply to Thread

Thread: so why do I have to get 2200 in arena to get the best TANKING weapon for me?

so why do I have to get 2200 in arena to get the best TANKING weapon for me?

this is a bit of a rant. but I think that it's quite ridiulos that I have to get a 2200 arena rating to get one of the best ( some might argue here ) tanking weapon for dks. that or we have to fight against melee dpsers for their weapons.

thoughts?

i wouldn't think that arena weapons would be best in slot for tanking dk's since there is no strength or agility on them for avoidance/armor.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

i wouldn't think that arena weapons would be best in slot for tanking dk's since there is no strength or agility on them for avoidance/armor.
    You'd think wrong.

Now, they won't be as great for threat, mind you. That's a serious thing to consider. At the same time, they have over 70 stam more than the next best choice. That often will trump threat considerations.

anyone remember when SSC and TK didnt have shield drops ..you had to go from gruul shield to Hyjal/BT - ya I used a PVP shield.

The Axe that drops of Marrowgar would like to have a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis_Omega View Post
    The Axe that drops of Marrowgar would like to have a word with you.
    At a quick glance (the new season's pvp gear doesn't seem to be uploaded into wowhead yet) heroic Bryntroll seems to have about the same effective health as last season's pvp weapons before you consider the proc. The proc doesn't really amount to much in my experience though; it's WAY less effective healing than my death strikes provide and unlike simple effective health it's not particularly likely to be there when you're in danger.

It's possible that the heroic versions of Glorenzelg and/or Oathbinder (I haven't done the calcs to see which comes out ahead between those two) will beat out the pvp weapon in terms of effective health though. But anything before that isn't likely to.

Edit: Shadowmourne might too, although at a quick glance it looks to be a bit lower in EH than either Glorenzelg or Oathbinder is. Good luck getting Shadowmourne as a tank though.

Regardless of what you use it for, it's a pvp weapon. Don't complain that you need to pvp in order to get it.
    [Insert Joke Here]

well, i just got a cryptmaker. I think that is a better overall weapon for me since im human it gives exp, and provides more stam. should hold off until i get carried to 2200 for a better tanking two-hander

+ Reply to Thread