+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Festergut - our tank is oneshottet!

Festergut - our tank is oneshottet!

Hey

We are right now working on Festergut 10, we managed to get him down a few times, with no problems at all. But last night, we had a warrior tank with us. He's gear is fine for 10 mans ICC, but he was oneshottet 3 times within the first or second inhale. He took around 50k - 55k damage over 1 sec, I could understand if it happend on the 3. inhale, as the damage there are masiv on tanks.

This warrior tank have close to no Expertice, but as I checked out the rest of our tanks, they are no where near the (parry) expertice cap. So I'm having a hard time blaming it on expertice.

It would be realy nice to get some inputs or suggestions, since it's alittle frustrating beeing stuck on a boss, we're taking down with out alt teams

Armory link would be good to start with
    I dont think Festergut has parry haste enabled as most of the hard hitting ones doesn't.
    Are you sure he had the inoculation buff from spores?

Sure, this is the tank in question, I know the gear could be much better, but we had tanks with fare worst gear then this on festergut

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=bolddrengen

And yes, I'm sure he had the buff, and even if he didn't, we didn't make it so fare, that it would matter. He was killed right around the first or second inhale each time.

His hp is on the low side but i see nothing in there that would explain a 1-shot. You really need to look at the combat logs. Until the 3rd inhale there isnt much the tank should be doing anyway, so i cant tie it to a L2P issue even...

...except for this question: Was there a constant attackpower debuff on the boss?(demo shout/vindication)

well after making my way to the wow eu armory i think i found the problem, hes a gnome. but on a more serious note, your saying that he is getting oneshot at about the 3rd inhale. its around this time that the first tank is aproaching 10 stacks of (unknown bad buff here) and once at 10 stacks your tank blows up. ive never personly seen it happen since we have always taunted off at 8 stacks. as far as his hp being to low im not convinced it is. i tanked this (granted we didnt down fester, dps had about 400k when enrage) i believe i had about 42khp buffed with fort sanc gotw and my flask. go back and look to see if your OT was the real problem for not taunting off before your MT got to 10 stacks.
    btw. sry about any spelling mistakes or gramer errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt698939 View Post
    your saying that he is getting oneshot at about the 3rd inhale.
    Actually he said the tank is dying much before the 3rd inhale.

The tank will simply need to rotate his cooldowns, make sure he pops Indestructible Potion before the pull. Once his cd's are finished get the healers rotating Hand of Sacrifice, Guardian Spirit, Pain Suppresion, Divine Sacrifice etc.

More stam can only be a good thing, using two avoidance trinkets is not advisable.

Quote Originally Posted by priestoz View Post
    Sure, this is the tank in question, I know the gear could be much better, but we had tanks with fare worst gear then this on festergut

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=bolddrengen

And yes, I'm sure he had the buff, and even if he didn't, we didn't make it so fare, that it would matter. He was killed right around the first or second inhale each time.
    His stats are pretty much the same as my paladin, although I have about a 2K health advantage over him. But saying "one-shotted" implies that w/e damage he took, this health difference should not matter.

I think he did not get an inoculation the first time. Some people are very bad at that. FYI, the marked person MUST be at least directly under Festergut (Between his legs) at a MINIMUM in order for the tanks to receive it. Also, the tanks should NOT be standing at maximum range outside of his hitbox. Tell your tanks to scoot in as far as they can and they should be in range of the inoculation.

Yes he dies before 10 stacks. Think he had about 4-8 stacks. And yes CD should be used, but we always used it around the 3. inhale, where he realy hit's like a truck. and not before the first even happend.

I think I've say something wrong, I sayd he got oneshottet. That is not the case, sorry for not beeing more excact, he takes 2 blows within 1 sec, that kills him (adds up to the 50k dmg). One time it happend 1 min and 59 sec in the fight, the other time it happend just around he had 7. debuffs.

Do anyone know, if the haste buff from parry is disabled from this boss?

I'm in the same boat, getting nuked by some insane burst from the boss (I noticed one time, it was 2x17k hits + 10k from the debuff he puts on me within a short duration). So I'm quite curious aswell what stats people who's downed him has.

My armory: The World of Warcraft Armory - Mibu @ Chamber of Aspects - Profile
    Usally my onyxia trinket is replaced by The Black Heart and I run around with almost 50k HP fully raid buffed.

I used a +armour set on our last kill and it worked very nicely. I can AMS through the blights so the only other significant damage is physical (and lots of it). From memory I was at 52k health and 37k armour.

You might want to check what your melee are up, to, make sure that they are not standing in a position to get parried by the boss. Alot of them will not position correctly to get the inoculation every time and in trying to move in get on the edge of the bosses side. Fester seems to have a fairly large effective parry area
    Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.
    Sun Tzu

+ Reply to Thread