+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Festergut problems

Festergut problems

The World of Warcraft Armory - Genesisomega @ Baelgun - Profile

So, I finally got my turn at fester yesterday, and it was disasterious....When aggro passed to me I was doing aight but when he gets big to do his big hits, I use CDs, then when he gets bigger, I use the CDs I got left, I still die =/.

Is there any corrections need to be made to my gear, or is there some mechanic I'm not understanding fully? Or was I doing my job right and it was just a healer goof?

Any and all advise, or critism, will be appricated. Thanks in advance!

We need more information. Do you have a WoL parse? Can you tell us which cooldowns you were using and when? When were you switching tanks?

Unfortinatly no, I do not have any of the such but I can relay the other information requested.

The first time I used Shield Wall, and Shield Block, not expecting the even bigger attack would come while I was still holding it, and hit harder then before. So all I had left was trink Procs, and Last Stand...I made sure to try and hold Shield Wall for the 2nd assualt but sometimes it was just unavoidible where I was forced to use it, or atleast I felt I did. (Maybe bad judgement on my part, but I felt if I didnt, I'd die)

And we were swapping at 8 stacks, I don't know if thats optimal or not but thats what we were doing.

Next time I'll definitly try and get logs, which should be Monday. This is the first time I've actually felt the need to get that kind of data....Game Mechanic wise the fight SHOULDNT be too hard, but its very intensive from what I've seen first hand.

Like Reev said since your gear is fine the best advice I can give you is use minor cooldowns on Imhale 2, major CDs on Inhale 3 and make sure you tank switch when his buff gets to around 8 stacks.

Edit: I would recomend using Shield Block and trinket cooldowns on 2 and Shield Wall and Last Stand ER. I would get Imrpoved Disciplines, Glyph of Shield Wall and Glyph of Last Stand.

It just sounds like you used your CD's backwards, mostly. You pretty much need major cooldowns for the third inhale phase...not accounting for luck, you're not living through that without some big help. =)

Other than that, you have the right idea!

Quote Originally Posted by krc View Post
    Like Reev said since your gear is fine the best advice I can give you is use minor cooldowns on Imhale 2, major CDs on Inhale 3 and make sure you tank switch when his buff gets to around 8 stacks.

Edit: I would recomend using Shield Block and trinket cooldowns on 2 and Shield Wall and Last Stand ER. I would get Imrpoved Disciplines, Glyph of Shield Wall and Glyph of Last Stand.
    Yeah, before this there was never an actual need to use such glyphs and that talent mentioned, but I can definitly see why, speically for such a hard hitting fight like this where you'll need those CDs more then just once.

Well, actually, each tank should only end up going through a 3 inhale phase once, so you really only need each cooldown once. Those glyphs and the talent krc mentioned, though, are very useful all around. Once you have short cooldowns on those abilities, you'll find that you can use them all the time, and they are generally useful, not just for hard hitting bosses.

And I can forsee fights in the future, not just fights such as Fester, where that would definitly be much more helpful, then those 2 filler points in cruelity for extra threat, and replacing the glyphs I have shouldnt be too difficult either. But on that note would it be advised to go for a max survival spec? Or keep my DW spec to help out with dps with fights such as this? I mean, if I already have the CDs reduced greatly, then there probally shouldnt be a need for a max survival spec right?

Also thanks for all the insight guys, the information is definitly of great benefit.

Standard 15/3/53 spec

This spec has high survivability and high threat. It's an all around solid build. You can min-max slightly more towards threat, giving up survivability, or slightly more survivability, giving up a lot of threat, but you really don't need to. With the spec I linked above, you can tank nearly every fight in the game effectively (not Anub'Arak hard adds, but meh), and you won't feel gimped for threat.

I haven't seen heroic Faction Champs, let alone H. Anub, so thats not an issue. (Altough I've been building up a set for the adds, one day...>_>;

Thank you very much though, just what I was looking for.

in my raid group we have 2 disc priests that cast pain suppression on their designated tank, or which ever tank has aggro at the time of his third inhale. if you have a disc priest you should try it, could mean the difference between downing him or him downing you.
    Last edited by Fablecell; 01-21-2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: clarity

+ Reply to Thread