+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Warrior Tanking Goals/Progression

Prot Warrior Tanking Goals/Progression

I have been 80 Warrior for a bit and my gear is going to need upgrades as I move off the end of Heroics; I have just about all the Triumph gear I will be buying and lack only a good Belt/Boots upgrade. I'm going to pray for Forge of Souls in my randoms to upgrade the boots, but until then, I haven't gotten any advice on what happens after heroics. If any tank or specifically Warrior can give me a quick rundown, I'm basically looking for my goals and progression of tanking in order to upgrade and proceed. I ask because I don't want to drag down a random PuG for the harder things, and no matter how confident I am in tanking something, it seems most randoms are never satisfied with my HP pool.

While I'll gladly take gem/enchant/available gear advice, I really want to know what happens after Heroics, and beyond. A simple ordered list would be perfect.

Armory at The World of Warcraft Armory - Xerzec @ Hellscream - Profile

Thank you.

You can get a decent belt upgrade from converting triumph badges to conquest (once you no longer need triumph, that is) and a bracer upgrade from trading in conquest, although the bracers are extremely expensive..I think 60 badges.

Your armory currently has you logged out with a fishing pole, so I can't comment on weapon/shield upgrades, sorry

I have a Rimefang's Claw (unenchanted for now) and a Titansteel Shield Wall with +20 Defense Rating enchant. I'm replacing the belt with badge belt in about 20 mins.

Ah, well the best shield I can think of that doesn't require a raid is this one from 5 man Halls of Reflection on normal: Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft.

Maybe you can try to get some craftables? If you are a guy with alot of gold you can buy some primordial saronite and craft those 264 ilevel items. Or start with the easier 245 craftables, you can trade your conquest badges for a new belt and really start using epic gems and get those last enchants and your blacksmithing up.

Run yourself through Be Imba! - the online Character Auditor for World of Warcraft and it will show the current issues with your gear.

+ Reply to Thread