+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms in high end raids

Arms in high end raids

Is the arms spec completely hopeless compared to fury in high end raids? I personally can't stand to be fury, but I have never seen an arms warrior in really top notch guilds.

Yes, Arms is completely viable in a modern raiding situation.
    AeroWow.com | ArmoryLite: Soleniae - Uldum
    The Warrior Formerly Known As Aerowyn.

define "top notch guilds".
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Arms is usefull, I had to pick up arms as an offspec after joining a new guild and this is example calcs.

Fury dps - 8K
    Arms dps - 7K (I suck at it still).

2 cat dps changing their rotations = +1K dps on one and +500dps on another.
    +4% physical dmg buff to the raid = 2 cats, 1 rogue, 2 ret pally, 2 hunters etc = 1.6K+ extra dps.

So overall the arms warrior helps cats as lot and makes up for no combat rogue. If the rogue goes combat he drops a lot in dps so thats not an option.

Did I mention I hate arms ....

I'm a Arms Warrior and I do just fine. Matter of fact on my server I generally out dps most of the fury warriors or at least keep up. I am of the Opinion that Arms and Fury are actually pretty evenly matched from my experience.

Paulbunyin

Arms is definately okay in the right gear, and as people have said rogues have a hard on for mutilate at the moment, and mangle from cats is less dps.. we can spread trauma to plenty of targets if needed, my armoury is in the link below.. I am doing totally ok in that setup

The World of Warcraft Armory

hey,

I currently raid full time as arms with my guild, we arent a competitive guild but we have cleared up to, and are working on putricide, arms is viable dps, chances are u will never beat things such as enhancement shamens, fury warriors and other hybrid melee dps, arms exists more as a support for any kind of class that can bleed the target, so marksmen hunters, fury warriors, feral druids, rogues, even warrior tanks benefit from you being in the raid keeping your 30% more bleed damage up.

now I'm not sure what arms spec you are currently using, I'm going to assume 54/17, this is a decent spec, but once you start getting geared and your unbuffed crit gets above 40% i would strongly recommend a 54/8/8 spec, with one talent point left over for w/e, id suggest second wind, this spec relies more on heroic strike than execute, at a much more reduced cost, using ms glyph, hs glyph, and rend glyph, 1 full rotation (ms, hs, op, slam(if at 80+ rage, execute instead if the proc is up)) costs much less than a rotation depending on a 30 rage dump from execute. With this spec, I pulled 7k+ dps on festergut, but be warned this spec is VERY unforgiving if you have the bad habit of rage starving yourself.

Let me be a little more clear:

Arms is a totally viable raid spec speaking on its individual damage dealing contribution, to say nothing of the buffs that it brings. While it may not pull out quite the same numbers as Fury on H25 Anub due to the particular mechanics of that fight (which benefits Fury in terms of multi-target WW and burst / CD usage), it performs well in most other situations. To say that Arms brings nothing to the table, especially once you consider the buffs that are provided (particularly the passive ones) is a severely mistaken sentiment.

Just let me know if I'm mincing words - Arms provides solid DPS on its own. Just as a few completely isolated examples:
    World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis
    World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis (Was Fury on Anub)

And this is in a top100 World, top50 US guild. So, I say again, Arms can provide solid personal DPS. Really.

Arms is good. It's not great, and it won't beat an equally geared/skilled Fury warrior, but it's decent.

I wouldn't recommend it on a movement heavy fight like Putricide however.

Arms gives up about 1k dps for trauma, which buffs the whole raids dps.

As as said above, arms loses ALOT of dps for movement intensive fights, so offspec fury.

Here are parses from the top 50 in the world.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/.../Fury_Warrior/

vs

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/.../Arms_Warrior/

--

vs

--

vs

Saying that Arms gives up about 1k DPS due to providing Trauma is a severe misinformation, GDE. Arms provides Trauma and Blood Frenzy. Fury provides Rampage, and is the better provider of Shouts and Sunders.

Arms can perform extremely well on Putricide. For example: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis Scroll through the first five attempts individually, as I was not present for attempts 6 and 7. I'm either solidly on par with, or significantly in front of the pack, and I was the only player that had not previously seen the encounter on 10m. Again, this isn't to toot my own horn, but rather, to show that Arms is COMPLETELY VIABLE in a modern raiding situation.

+ Reply to Thread