+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could make a class...

If you could make a class...

As the title says, if you could make a new class, what would you make?

I've seen lots of people talk about Bards (I think in relation to a Blizzard April Fool's joke), but I could see that working... they could have three talent trees, to be either a Jongleur, a Skald, or a Spoony bard. ;-)

I think it would be interesting to see a Fencer-like dps class that fights with a single one-handed weapon, and has a super high crit rate, bonus crit damage, bleeds, etc... maybe even give him a "tank" tree that specializes in actual evasion tanking... lots of parry, lots of dodge, and an Evasion like talent... would be kind of fun.

A dps class that actually mixes melee and spell casting would be interesting too, with different talent trees that will actually effect the way that you have to gear. The flavoring of such a class would perhaps feel out of place in a game like WoW, though...

Anyway, what would you put in the game, if you had to make a new class? Realistic or silly, all new class ideas are welcome!

Prot Paladin.

Oh, right, something not already exsisting... uh, how about a prot paladin that can fly?

I can only tell you what it would NOT be:

Melee DPS. >.<

Yeah, there's a bit much melee dps as it is... an actual spellcasting class that uses a system like Runes or Energy would be interesting as well... although a bit unbalanced for classes that have to use Mana to cast, perhaps.

A Nuker/Healer/buffer - like the Rune Keeper in lotro.

3 tree's like the DK style, no set tree for nuking or healing...

The mechanic from rune keeper that lets you heal more the more you heal and once your "meter" is far enough over to the healing side, it locks out nuking spells.

same deal with nuking, once you've nuked a bit, it starts locking out some of the heavier healing spells.

in the middle is neutral ground allowing a bit of each, and lots of buffs.

I've got an RK in LotRO, I think around lvl 30.

Fun class to play, interesting dynamic.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

A ranged healing/DPS class that can do decent damage OR healing without switching specs while levelling up (Like DKs)

I'd agree with Warwench that the RuneKeeper idea isn't a bad one, although I don't think I'd do the mechanic quite like that.

Or maybe something that puts a link between the enemy and the tank..the caster nukes the mob for a small but passable amount, and it gives health to the tank. Kinda a vampire healer.

I'd like to see a new elf race, called Forest Elves, there could be Archer class, that incorporates some mage and hunter abilities, with emphasis being agility, haste, precision, and evasion. Mostly ranged attacks, but with some burst melee speed/blink attacks, instead of aoe. Disarm ability, with ability to turn the enemy's weapon against them, for a short time.
    -"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley

I actually wouldn't mind seeing an actual caster tank-class... focuses on using defensive magic to generate aggro and keep itself alive, but wears cloth and still has to cast spells, etc. That would be a lot of fun.

Axe-thrower. Always loved those axe throwing trolls in WC3, and I think it would make an interesting class.

I'd do a ranged CC/Buffing class, basically a bard. Channeled AoE CC's, multiple types of single target CCs, defensive dispels for almost everything, a wide array of AoE buffs like a shaman but also very powerful targetted buffs. They would wear caster leather, wield one handers and offhands like warlocks but with a hunter ranged weapon that is their primary source of dps. To make it interesting, stats focused on Agility and Spirit and use Energy to power spells. Maybe throw in a Renew like spell and a 'Renew' for Mana/Rage/Energy, but their benefit to the group would be in that they could cover for weak points by bolstering them or really buffing a single strong point like a single dpser's damage output or the tank's mitigation or a healer's throughput. Playing would be all about coordinating with other members of the team to maximize and minimize different things over the course of a fight.

I like pliska's idea. If any of you have played PSU, there is an entire class devoted to support. Massive buffs, debuffs, and middle of the line heals. I think that would make raids and their composition a lot more interesting.

Simply, I want a healer class that has a permanent pet (ala hunterpet, ghoul, warlockpet) to defend the healer.

There's a couple problems with pure support though. And this comes from someone that's played CoH and EQ, both of which were known for pure support.

A pure support class is not good at damage, nor at survival. You need one of hose two to level, if you plan to level solo. They tend to be slow and difficult to raise. In addition, in endgame they end up one of two ways: Either they have some sort of buff that's SO good they're considered a MUST HAVE for every raid (something blizzard is adamant about not having), or they're a complete waste of a raid spot.

I always enjoyed buff/debuff toons in other games, but I don't think it fits into WoW raiding. Buffs and debuffs are spread among the classes so you don't have that one "must-have" buffer/debuffer around just because it's necessary and content is balanced around it. We already, essentially have that class in the game anyway: it's called the Shaman. Lustbot, GO!

For the love of The Personal God Of Your Choice and all that is right and good with the world and Universe, Multiverse, and any number of alternate/theoretical realities... (and Unrealities, for that matter!)

NOT another melee class!

Quote Originally Posted by Liongale View Post
    Simply, I want a healer class that has a permanent pet (ala hunterpet, ghoul, warlockpet) to defend the healer.
    Necromancer! A healer / caster dps / pet class hybrid.

One tree focussed on raising spirits/skeletons/etc
    One tree focussed on vivimancy, a mixture of healing/life stealing/passive healing abilities
    One tree focussed on pew pew

Goal would be for a healing class that mixes in DPS (life/power drains) with targeted heals, while having a choice of risen spirits that let the necromancer adjust to their current role (dps, aoe dps, tank heal, group heal). Healing mechanics could be made to work a bit like a rogue combo points - do some basic pew pew attacks to build up combo points (or bone/spirit charges to be a bit more necro) and then a finisher that does a direct or group heal according to what's needed.

New class Dancer
    Special abilities:
    Summon Mailbox
    Teleport: Deeprun Tram

Quote Originally Posted by swelt View Post
    Necromancer! A healer / caster dps / pet class hybrid.

One tree focussed on raising spirits/skeletons/etc
    One tree focussed on vivimancy, a mixture of healing/life stealing/passive healing abilities
    One tree focussed on pew pew

Goal would be for a healing class that mixes in DPS (life/power drains) with targeted heals, while having a choice of risen spirits that let the necromancer adjust to their current role (dps, aoe dps, tank heal, group heal). Healing mechanics could be made to work a bit like a rogue combo points - do some basic pew pew attacks to build up combo points (or bone/spirit charges to be a bit more necro) and then a finisher that does a direct or group heal according to what's needed.
    See, the problem I and many others have had with this idea....

OK, we have a tree focused on direct damage....maybe fire? I like fire.
    We have a tree focused on pets...
    We have a tree with life drains and other "mess with you" abilities.

We have that. it's called warlock.

Goblin Sapper:

Special Ability:
    Explode: Explode, dealing damage equal to max hp x 10 x (.5 x Attack Power)

Soulstone, please.

+ Reply to Thread