+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Burnished Quel'Serrar vs Bonebreakers Sceptre

Quote Originally Posted by Inaara View Post
    Bonebreaker Scepter - Item - World of Warcraft has quite a bit more Stam than Burnished Quel'Serrar - Item - World of Warcraft, I don't think Rimefang's Claw - Item - World of Warcraft was part of the discussion. Also my first choice for a weapon would be Crusader's Glory - Item - World of Warcraft. 50% of the time still isn't 100% of the time lol.

My main gripe with the weapon is really the slow attack speed which was the statement I was addressing.
    ???? 1.7 sec vs 2 sec is very far from "really slow attack speed", im failing to see your problem with a slow weapon ??? are you having major threat issues where the 0.3 second faster weapon would be helping you ??? a slower weapon also reduces the amount of times you can be parried therefore reducing incoming parry haste dmg, im just not understanding your argument ???, i have been running bqs since the first day ony came back ... and its super hard to give it up for any other weapon ... the proc uptime is very consistent and it has no icd, even if it has a 50% (which sometimes is low for the actual proc rate on this thing, its up alot ) thats around an average of 750 armor ... its a very very good weapon for tanking

The creator of that guide dismiss's BQS out of hand without an explanation. Either he is blind, uninformed or just plain stupid. I've tested it against Falric's and Rimfangs and it blows them out of the water in every way. I am currently testing it against Bonebeakers, and while i've just begun its a noticeable difference in my overall damage taken through heroics. I'd take anything he says with a rather large grain of salt.

My paladin has a GQS and I absolutely adore it. I won a Bonebreaker this week and I'm still not sure if it's a real upgrade.

BQS would be zero question to me.

WTB Heroic AG PST

Mookey | GM of <RISE> Xavius [EU]

Umm... that post was linked on the last page and hence the multiple comments disputing his dismissal of the Quel'serrar.

I appreciate Veneretio's posts, however I have to strongly disagree with his conclusion in regard to the BQS. Personally, the Quel is to tanking procs what the Bryntroll is to DPS procs.

If the Last Word was a 264 version of the BQS instead of a healing proc, I would be overjoyed instead of wanting to shard it. :P
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

I had Rimefang's and am currently using Falric's Wrist chopper instead. It was a tradeoff between <0.3% avoid and + 1.9% block. All in all it gave me +1.6% less chance for a white hit.
    Block rating has somehow mysteriously gone awol during my last upgrades.

You can't talk about items(esp when it comes to avoid) because if you are high on avoid then the DR will simply kill you. Lack of avoid on the new Quel'Serrars are sometimes viewed as a weakness but truth being told if you lose 0.5% avoid at best then whoop-dee-doo.

From what I've seen of the ICC enconters armor mitigation and health are king. Hovering around 35% avoid post chill of the throne is quite easy but if you only have 25k armor then you are going to be gibbed.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

First off, the BQS is a very good weapon and it is better than any icc10 weapon for survival. Only drawback is that it IS a proc and might not be there when you truly need it. The icc10 weapons from marrowgar and putricide are basically threat weapons. They both allocate stat points for a threat stat, either hit or expertise. Second, a 2.0 speed weapon really isn't that bad for single target threat, and it will beat a 1.6speed weapon for aoe threat/dmg (which is where most warriors have trouble). Slow weapons are not terrible for tanking. Personally, I use the 2.7speed quel'delar for aoe tanking. Even for single-target tanking, slow weapons have been great ever since they buffed devastate.

Although the extra threat from HS spam is less on BQS, a lot of people seem to forget that BQS adds more damage to Devastate as well as Deep Wounds. Especially that last one is a major factor in threat. This is why the BQS is good compared to most 251 weapons. Personally it will take a 264 or higher to beat my QS and even then I'll keep it on me for prancing around Dalaran.

Edit; To put it in perspective, I use Falric's in some sets pure for the block on it, I have had Ardent Guard, Peacekeeper Blade, "The Claw" and vendored all of them eventually. I also have Blade Ward on mine of which this guide mentions no word.
    Last edited by Airowird; 01-18-2010 at 02:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Well, to be fair, the 251 weapons (especially Facelifter) really do a lot more TPS than the BQS, however I don't really find that to be an issue worth caring about at the moment.

I currently swap to the Facelifter for pure TPS reasons on easy fights and swap back to the BQS on heavy damage fights like Festergut.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

+ Reply to Thread