+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ArP or Str

ArP or Str

Hey guys need some help whether to go Str or ArP right now. Here is my armory The World of Warcraft Armory - Gnomgnomgnom @ Doomhammer - Profile

I can't use the spreadsheet thing cause my computer. Thanks for the help!

If you don't have excel to model the change use Rawr to do it instead. You are in your prot gear at the time of posting so I can't give you definitive answer, however if you can reach ~90% ArP by stacking it then do so. If (like most people) you cannot reach this point, then stack it to 50 or 60% and use Grim Toll, Mjonlnir Runestone or Needle Encrusted Scorpion to get to the soft cap.

Anymore questions I would advise heading over to the Fury Warrior guide and reading the section on ArP.

Well for one your hit is about 4% over what you need. You're a little over 9% and you only need 5% as fury (with 3/3 Precision which you should have).

If you can get to ~52% ArP from gear/gemming, you'll be at 100% when your needle trinket procs. You're at 37% now, so you could do it if you changed most of your gems to ArP gems.

I'd suggest picking up the conquest badge agility neck (Broach of the Wailing Night) as the hit off your onyxia one is not needed and the badge neck has a decent chunk of ArP on it (3-4% if i recall). That would make a few less gems you have to replace with Arp. So I'd suggest replacing as many +str gems as you it takes to get to ~52% (would be around 6 by my calculations if you get the neck I suggested). Make sure you keep your expertise at 26/26 though since I see your gemming that too, don't replace those gems, replace the strength til you can get ~52% ArP passive.

Also, after a quick look at your spec, I'd take 2 points out of Deflection and put them into Improved Rend. Yeah it's not a huge deal but it helps more than deflection as you SHOULD be throwing up a rend after you stance dance to shatter before switching back to zerker stance, just to get a little extra dps out of the rage you're going to burn anyway when stance dancing. Which leads into my next suggestion, take that 3/3 in Iron Will and do 3/3 Tactical Mastery, Iron Will is a pvp talent and really has little PvE value while TM will help when stance dancing to shatter.

more help

Aight I got a 264 ring out of ICC 25 last night and I think my armory is up to date with my fury. Now what are you saying about my hit being to high?! It can be around 5%? I'm looking at the neck in dal and swapping over to it and going ArP with your advice...Should this move increase my dps? Also I have 61 frost badges and i'm not sure whether to get the belt or hands...need help there too...

Quote Originally Posted by GnomGnom View Post
    Aight I got a 264 ring out of ICC 25 last night and I think my armory is up to date with my fury. Now what are you saying about my hit being to high?! It can be around 5%? I'm looking at the neck in dal and swapping over to it and going ArP with your advice...Should this move increase my dps? Also I have 61 frost badges and i'm not sure whether to get the belt or hands...need help there too...
    The melee hit cap is 8%. With Fury you get a talent called Precision that increases chance to hit by 3%, which you should have maxed out. That means you only need 5% hit to be capped for your special abilities to never miss.

I see you dropped a little hit and are up to 41% passive ArP now, you're only 11% away from soft capping with your trinket proc so I'd suggest replacing your +20 str gems with +20 arp until you reach around 52%. It should take around 7-8 gems.

If you wanted to save a few gem slots and keep them +20str, you could also grab the triumph badge agility ring (Dexterous Brightstone Band) as will give you a few more % of passive Arp, and requiring fewer +20 arp gems therefore allowing you to keep a few +20 in there.

Replace your Ashen Verdict ring with the brightstone band, at least until the next minor content patch when they release the strength dps ashen verdict ring, then you'll most likely want to switch to that depending on the stats. Replacing the ashen verdict ring would also get rid of a little more of the hit you're overcapped on.

As for your frost badge purchase, I would suggest the belt, as you're currently wearing a pvp belt and would get much better dps value out of that frost badge belt.

Ok we did it 53%

Ok we did it menj! Now im scared cause im doing some test runs on dummies and things seem to have gone down...So wondering if you'll take 1 last look and see if I should swap out anything or trying something new...Thx man!

Ok we did it menj! Now im scared cause im doing some test runs on dummies and things seem to have gone down...So wondering if you'll take 1 last look and see if I should swap out anything or trying something new...Thx man!
    Looks like you got the numbers right where they should be. I personally wouldn't judge it just off a test dummy without trying it in a raid scenario first. In my Fury offspec I can barely maintain 4k on the dummy while I can hit 7k+ easily in 25 mans.

Keep in mind, when in raids, you will have buffs that you normally wouldn't when testing against a Dummy.

Test dummy is just to work out smooth rotations and find a baseline for your dps usually.
    Remember with the dummy, you won't have all the nice buffs you usually have in an instance or raid.

My rotation

Guys, im doing like 4300 dps in TOC10 this afternoon and I guess it just has to come down to my rotation I would have to think. I've only been play wow 8 months so im pretty new to the whole moving around while hitting buttons thing and rage management. Is there any useful macros I should use to help me with this problem or addons for slam proc etc...Thanks guys!

4300 dps is pretty decent for ToC10.

Just as an overview;

Hit Rating Increases the chance for the warrior to hit his enemy. Hit rating requires 32.79 per 1% of hit for physical damage. Raid bosses require an additional 8% chance to hit for you to never miss.

Expertise At level 80, every 8.2 points of expertise rating grants one point of expertise. One point of expertise decreases the chance that melee attacks made by the warrior will be dodged or parried by 0.25%. This stat is useful for tank and DPS warriors. When a warrior tank is parried, it may trigger a boss to begin to swing faster, causing burst damage. Raid bosses have a 6.5% chance to dodge your attacks, and approximately 15% chance to parry (varies).

Crit Rating Increases the chance for the warrior to critically strike his enemy, dealing double damage. At level 80, 45.91 Critical Strike Rating is required to gain 1% melee crit chance.

Armor Penetration Reduces the effective armor of the warrior's target, increasing all direct physical damage (excluding Bleed damage) done by the warrior to his target. At level 80, 12.31 points of Armor Penetration Rating are required to reduce the target's armor by approximately 1%, subject to a normalizing formula.

Haste Increases the autoattack speed of the warrior. More commonly used by fury warriors to improve their rage generation. This stat is largely panned by arms warriors as very little of their damage comes from their auto-attack. At level 80, a warrior requires 32.79 Haste Rating to gain a 1% increase in attack speed.

As well look here for macros: Useful macros for warriors - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

Guys, im doing like 4300 dps in TOC10 this afternoon and I guess it just has to come down to my rotation I would have to think. I've only been play wow 8 months so im pretty new to the whole moving around while hitting buttons thing and rage management. Is there any useful macros I should use to help me with this problem or addons for slam proc etc...Thanks guys!
    I personally use Power Auras to alert me of a slam proc, mine flashes 2 big swords crossed in an X shape in bright green color n the middle of my screen so it's easy to see a bloodsurge proc.

And yes your problem is most likely rotation, fury is all about managing rage and being sure you don't spam HS too much and end up rage starving yourself.

Mind your HS usage. When your hitrating goes down your rage inflow becomes spikier. If youwere used to spamming HS with abandon, with lower hit, you now actually have to watch your rage and make HS a decision.

ArP

Hey I'm just wondering quick does it make a difference for my proc is my ArP is at 51.73% and not 52%?! Like should it be at 52% or higher for it to work?! I just got a new helm out of ICC last night and put it on and regemmed some stuff so it worked out! Thanks guys

+ Reply to Thread