+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK tanking 101

DK tanking 101

OK guys, I got a question that has me pretty stumped. When I first started tanking on my paladin it went a good bit smoother than when i first started tanking heroics on my dk. I don't know how to post my armory on here as of yet so some advice would be nice. But base stat is 536 def 29k unbuff in frost. Anyways in HOK (first random i ever pulled) i took a hit for 24K shadow damage (not crit) that caused a quick wipe. Also having a bit of a hard time pulling initial aggro in an unholy spec, thinking about going back to my blood spec.
    Anyways, if y'all see anything wrong with my build that is causing survivability issues (especially shadow damage) please feel free to criticize.
    Toon name is Jarnäyes. The ä is typed alt+132

Unless you have the pvp shoulder enchant your def should b 540. Cheking your armory and your head meta is horrible you should get this one: Austere Earthsiege Diamond - Item - World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by ghromorth View Post
    Unless you have the pvp shoulder enchant your def should b 540.
    That is against level 83 mobs. In heroics, he only needs 535. Regarding H.OK, the problem is the Ahn'kahar Spell Flinger. They have an ability called Shadow Blast that will hit the target for 50% of their maximum HP. The good news is that it has a ridiculously long cast timer, so you just need to focus on them first (always) and just Mind Freeze when he starts casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Deque View Post
    That is against level 83 mobs. In heroics, he only needs 535. Regarding H.OK, the problem is the Ahn'kahar Spell Flinger. They have an ability called Shadow Blast that will hit the target for 50% of their maximum HP. The good news is that it has a ridiculously long cast timer, so you just need to focus on them first (always) and just Mind Freeze when he starts casting.
    545 raid w/o pvp enchant 540 for heroics w/o enchant and his armory shows no shoulder enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Deque View Post
    Yep the Spell Flinger is first priority over any other mob, mark it for the noob dps and hopefully they will hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by ghromorth View Post
    545 raid w/o pvp enchant 540 for heroics w/o enchant and his armory shows no shoulder enchant.
    It's 535 Heroics and 540 for Raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    It's 535 Heroics and 540 for Raid.

Anti-magic Shell is your friend for the first blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Insahnity View Post
    Anti-magic Shell is your friend for the first blast.
    Mind Freeze is better

+ Reply to Thread