+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rate Protection warrior!

Rate Protection warrior!

Hi, I need some tips in what stats to work on, and what I'm good with.
    Also rate my gems, enchants and gear. What should I spend my frost emblems on? Currently got 21 of them.

Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...anas&n=Machoen

Would pretty much appreciate it. Thanks.
    Last edited by Machoen; 01-10-2010 at 08:02 AM.

For your stats the safe choice and the best choice most of the time is EH since it is always useful and the majority of bosses that kill tanks will kill them through some sort of burst usually involving unavoidable damage.

For your gemming I would gem all stamina unless the socket bonus is 9 stamina or higher, but alot of people choose to gem for the socket bonus if it's red and is only 6 stamina and put in an 15 stam 10 agility/dodge gem. In this point in ICC it doesn't really matter.

All of your enchants look great, I might grab 18 stamina for your gloves if I were you. With your frost emblems my next pick would probably be the off set gloves followed by the belt. Replace your Ashen Verdict ring with the Cluth of Fortification, 14 stamina in EH terms is simply not worth 560 armor.
    Last edited by krc; 01-10-2010 at 10:41 AM.

Cool man, thanks. But why the Cluth of Fortification?

The Cluth of Fortification has an extra 560 armor, in a pure physical fight that is worth around 50-60 stamina. Obviously the armor on it is going to be less valuable in a magic fight but it will still be worth much more than the 14 stamina you gain by keeping the Ashen Verdict ring.

Okay, but about the frost emblems, I thought maybe I should get 2set of 10t,
    but you think belt/hands first would be a better choice?

Well the 2pc is nice but the hands, belt and chest piece are slightly bigger upgrades and in my mind what makes them special is that they are clear BiS pieces till the heroic mode of ICC while the shoulders and helmet which are the only pieces not easily upgraded by crafted pieces or emblems are only on par with ICC 25 normal gear.

I would suggest grabbing the 2pc after the offset pieces with the shoulder and helmet, but if you don't plan on getting the crafted legs by buying the primal saronite with emblems the legs are also a viable piece.

Well I really don't want to use my frost on hands, since Toravon in VoA25 will drop t10 soon, so you think Belt would be a smart choice?

The belt would be a very small choice, overall it is the best piece in emblems per EH but you have a very good piece at belt so it would be a toss up. If you feel like you are be going to be doing VoA 25 every week my pick order for you would be the belt, chest then hands.

ok thanks mate, ill think about it

And btw, what's the hardest raid you think I can progress in atm?
    I have not cleared togc10/25 and ICC25 yet

Your gear should be fine for every boss avaliable as long as you use your cooldowns inteligently.

Ok Umm I have to seriously disagree with the all famous Stam stack. Yes granted you are getting good mitigation with the dodge and parry on most of the tank gear but it can always be better I personally try to always get the socket bonus and for Icc 10/25 I feal the more dodge you have the better since your taking a 20% hit when you enter the instance. Like I have started to replace some of my 10parry/15stam gems with the 20str to (1 increase block and (2 to increase threat through the added dmg

I will repeat this Chill of the Throne does not make avoidance better. ICC bosses hit so lightly it doesn't matter what you use. ToGC Gormok is the one real threat to killing tanks, Gormok kills tanks with a Melee, Impale, Bleed combo, the only attack that is avoidable is the melee meaning when the Melee hits which it will eventually you will get insta-gimped if your EH isn't high enough. The only remote threats in ICC 25 which are Marrowgar, Festergut and Rotface favor EH because they every single one has either burst damage where avoidance relys on RNG too much and Festergut which has tons of unavoidable damage.

Strength is a horrible stat to gem for, block value is the worse survival stat and if you are going towards damage and threat expertise and hit are much better options shown by very many threat spreadsheets/simulators.
    Last edited by krc; 01-10-2010 at 03:38 PM.

great

Well Err time to go back and regem again, guess I am still thinking Naxx tanking. I wll stop doing that. Thank you KRC

Belt > Hands > Chest?

I'd say your weapon needs replacing, if anything you can switch Glyph on Indomitability in on certain physical damage fights.

The one thing that has me scratching my beard is your spec. Why take 2 points in Puncture? You could stick those in Focused Rage and have the 2 rage cost reduction on all your abilities instead of just Devastate...or conversely you could stick them in Improved Disciplines and glyph for Shield wall for more survivability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

But guys, Belt > Hands > Chest or what?
    Clone - Horde @ Sylvanas EU

Thats the order I would go in Mach based off of EH per emblem.

So you don't look at the 2 set bonus of tier 10 that important?
    Clone - Horde @ Sylvanas EU

I mean it's nice but what makes me want to pick it after the offset pieces is that the offset pieces are clear BiS pieces till hardmodes while the T10 pieces are not. I would grab the shoulders and helm after you get all of the offset pieces.

+ Reply to Thread