+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sack of Wonder gemming

Sack of Wonder gemming

I am in a dilemma and need a bit of advice when it comes to socketing the new chest I just picked up: Ikfuris's Sack of Wonder. It has a red, blue and yellow socket for a +8 agility bonus.

My question is: is it worth gemming it up for the bonus, or should I be stacking full stamina gems? Basically +90 stamina verses +30 stamina, +38 agility, +10 crit? (assuming yellow gem is a deadly ametrine).

My main role is OT in my ICC 25, but have adjusted to MT for certain bosses. Raid buffed I run just over 54K health, and just shy of the 50% dodge (raw dodge, before procs from specc and gear). That is, that is my dodge before the lovely 20% dodge debuff in ICC.

I am leaning towards the stamina gemming. My threat, "for the most part", is a non-issue. It just is tough to pass up such a lovely chunk of agility.

Any advice to help a lady out at all?

Screw it. Stam in every slot. What I am gonna do whenI get it. If it was red and blue I would go for the set bonus, but that yellow slot nixes it for me. Yellow slots just aren't worth the hassle, crit doesnt do anything worthwhile and degense is pretty lack luster as well. If you haven't used a nightmare tear yet for wahtever reason, that may work, but there are better places for that in tier 10.

Also grats. Lucky bastard. :P
    Last edited by Liquidska; 01-15-2010 at 02:08 AM.

Droped first day on 25mans for us I gemmed purely stamina gems in it ,I didnt bother with the bonus on it as i'm fine with threat , only problem i have is I tend to heal more then tank in 25 man .
    Last edited by Madoxx; 01-15-2010 at 02:28 AM.

8 agi isn't worth the loss of 30+ stamina (and the gain of 10 hit and agi). Either go all stam or go all agi (if you want to use it for cats as well).

defiantly got all stam since your only running 54k buffed

I have all stamina in mine. After I put the gems in, I immediately wanted something else to pack with stamina :P I haven't seen a reason to go back to geming agl for ICC. Just don't underestimate how good trinkets like Glyph and Unidentifiable Organ are; having one of them on is better than two stamina trinkets for most fights in ICC.

+ Reply to Thread