+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms Warrior: Just obtained DBW, need halp!

Arms Warrior: Just obtained DBW, need halp!

I have recently obtained DBW!
    The World of Warcraft Armory - Justres @ Andorhal - Profile
    Which trinket should i replace for a maximum dps increase.
    It may be a clear answer to you all but its not for me

Im thinking of replacing GT, and socketing all strength and sitting on softcap.
    But i could just replace MoT...but the problem i have with this is that i'll be so far above soft cap i question the effect my GT is actually having.

Any help would be nice.
    (As well as anything else i might be doing wrong)

Thanks in Advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Justres View Post
    I have recently obtained DBW!
    The World of Warcraft Armory - Justres @ Andorhal - Profile
    Which trinket should i replace for a maximum dps increase.
    It may be a clear answer to you all but its not for me

Im thinking of replacing GT, and socketing all strength and sitting on softcap.
    But i could just replace MoT...but the problem i have with this is that i'll be so far above soft cap i question the effect my GT is actually having.

Any help would be nice.
    (As well as anything else i might be doing wrong)

Thanks in Advance!
    Well right now I see you at around ~50% passive ArP. Factor in the ~11% from DBW and that put you at ~61%, then 16% from battle stance + 2p t9 puts you at around ~77% passive. You only have 2 +20str gems and all the rest are ArP so even if you replaced those 2 with ArP you'd be sitting around 80% passive ArP. That's kind of in the grey area of where you want to be to gem for hardcap or stay with softcap. Although keeping the GT would mean the proc is clearly overkill and a wasted stat.

It's really up to you, I'd try plugging the numbers into a spreadsheet like Landsoul's or Rawr and see what you come up with. Personally I'd gem all ArP and replace GT with DBW because I'm sure with a few upgrades your passive ArP could hit 90%+.

I know an arms warrior in one of the top guilds on my server gems pure arp and only hits around 83% passive and he uses deaths choice and heroics death choice as his trinkets and he's always one of their top dps so it would probably work for you too.

But best bet is to use a spreadsheet and find out.

Edit. Just remember too you could also pump out an extra 6% ArP if you farmed the reg 5 toc Banner of Victory trinket. It has about exactly the same proc as MoT, all you're trading is passive crit for passive ArP.

Edit 2. I also noticed you have jc and mining and both are <100 skill. Get your JC to at least 375-400 so you can get the prismatic dragon's eye gems, using 3 +34 ArP gems would net you about another 3-4% passive alone.
    Last edited by Dekar; 01-14-2010 at 07:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread