+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please review + comment on gemming etc.

Please review + comment on gemming etc.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...tree&cn=Svenya

Guys,

please review my gear setup, gemming and talenting and let me know if you have any comments. I love tanking and want to move into TOC10/25 etc. Gear recommendations are appreciated as well.

Thanks!!

Hey mate. The suggestions I would make :

Cloak - Put 225 Armor on it
    Chest - Instead of that 8 dodge and stam chuck on a stats all which will cover all color gem slots you'd need for your meta slot.
    Bracers - Get defensive ones and put a +40 Stam enchant on it. If it has a slot chuck a Stam in it.
    Gloves - Chuck the 2% increased threat onto it.

Okay.. looked through all your gear. Chuck all +30 stams into your slots, 1 gem slot will need to be a stats gem for all color spots. 1 Also needs to be equivalent "Stam" gem plus another color so that your meta slot works.

Stam enchants as well. Get rid of the attack power. Stam stam stam for tanking. As much as you could possibly get.

Also your talent builds a bit off. Try http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Hey mate. The suggestions I would make :

Cloak - Put 225 Armor on it
    Chest - Instead of that 8 dodge and stam chuck on a stats all which will cover all color gem slots you'd need for your meta slot.
    Bracers - Get defensive ones and put a +40 Stam enchant on it. If it has a slot chuck a Stam in it.
    Gloves - Chuck the 2% increased threat onto it.

Okay.. looked through all your gear. Chuck all +30 stams into your slots, 1 gem slot will need to be a stats gem for all color spots. 1 Also needs to be equivalent "Stam" gem plus another color so that your meta slot works.

Stam enchants as well. Get rid of the attack power. Stam stam stam for tanking. As much as you could possibly get.

Also your talent builds a bit off. Try The World of Warcraft Armory
    I strongly disagree with Silk on 2 things. 1st) 240 armor or 18 stam to gloves, if threat is a problem then it's something else, the glove enchant is a drop in the bucket. 2nd) never ever ever gem +10 all stats as a tank. It is sub optimal to the hybrid gems. For a pally if you are hitting a red socket, go with +10agi/+15stam to match your meta gem.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I just read "I strongly disagree silk". then you go on to put the same cloak enchant on?

So basically you think stam over gloves. Thats fine. but if you look at his gear he's wearing blues and dps gears. So for him threat might be a problem. he wants entry level tanking. So the 2% could help him stress a bit less until he gets his gear up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    I strongly disagree with Silk on 2 things. 1st) 240 armor or 18 stam to gloves, if threat is a problem then it's something else, the glove enchant is a drop in the bucket. 2nd) never ever ever gem +10 all stats as a tank. It is sub optimal to the hybrid gems. For a pally if you are hitting a red socket, go with +10agi/+15stam to match your meta gem.
    I'd agree with Aggathon on all except for the Nightmare Tear. For Warriors (his specialty) and DKs, this is true, but for paladins and druid bears, the nightmare tear is actually OK. Aside from Strength, Agi, and Stam, all good stats for a paladin, we actually make use of the 10 int to a minor degree, and it's boosted by Blessing of Kings (if you have a second paladin).

Silk, he never disagreed with your cloaking enchant selection. Read Aggathon's comments carefully please.

+ Reply to Thread